recommend a dentist?

jill

This is NOT my lucky day. I crunched down on a a piece of hard candy and broke
2 teeth. The crown on a tooth below came off. My previous dentist is back in my hometown. Can anyone recommend a good, gentle dentist in St Mary's Co? And, I'm a total coward about dentistry.
thanks

Y

yornoc

ShellyCW on 8:11 pm on April 13, 2002[br]Dr. Amine and Dr. Strouth in Lexington Park on Rte. 235

Amin... ALL the way.  Expensive, but worth it!

me123

This is NOT my lucky day. I crunched down on a a piece of hard candy and broke
2 teeth. The crown on a tooth below came off. My previous dentist is back in my hometown. Can anyone recommend a good, gentle dentist in St Mary's Co? And, I'm a total coward about dentistry.
thanks

Tidewater Dental is GREAT!! I had to leave there because of insurance issues but i came back! I've been going to them since i was a kid and LOVE Dr. Owens and Dr. Cooper!!! Dr. Cooper is just like a big kid!! And Dr. Owens is GREAT! He did a Root Canal for me and he told me what he was doing and really great working with me! I had some issues with my wisdom teeth (They didn't do it someone else did) and Dr. Owens gave me his pager number because i was in so much pain from the surgery. The staff is great! As much as i hate Doctors, i have NO problem going to the dentist because of the staff! Julia does my cleaning (she's awesome too). Can't believe i said i liked going to the dentist... :confused:

Southern Belle

Tidewater Dental is GREAT!! I had to leave there because of insurance issues but i came back! I've been going to them since i was a kid and LOVE Dr. Owens and Dr. Cooper!!! Dr. Cooper is just like a big kid!! And Dr. Owens is GREAT! He did a Root Canal for me and he told me what he was doing and really great working with me! I had some issues with my wisdom teeth (They didn't do it someone else did) and Dr. Owens gave me his pager number because i was in so much pain from the surgery. The staff is great! As much as i hate Doctors, i have NO problem going to the dentist because of the staff! Julia does my cleaning (she's awesome too). Can't believe i said i liked going to the dentist... :confused:

:yeahthat:

They are wonderful. Also, they sent me a $20 gift card to eat at the Tides restaurant for my birthday.

foodcritic

Not sure

I was refered to Tidewater by a friend. Set up appointment. Showed up. Very nice. THEN I sit in the chair while they take very painful x-rays?.....Dentist comes in checks my teeth and tells me i have a small cavity. 5 minutes. Then he does the "oral cancer screening" 2 Minutes. He then advises me the the assistant can schedule for my appointment??????? WHAT?
They never even did the cleaning. I never went to a dentist that did not clean you teeth during the first visit. Is this a way to milk the insurance company for more money??? I dont know I was so aggrivated. I am going back in March for my follow up and I made sure they were going to due the cleaning AND the tiny cavity at the same time. I may be looking for another dentist.....such a hassle.

me123

I was refered to Tidewater by a friend. Set up appointment. Showed up. Very nice. THEN I sit in the chair while they take very painful x-rays?.....Dentist comes in checks my teeth and tells me i have a small cavity. 5 minutes. Then he does the "oral cancer screening" 2 Minutes. He then advises me the the assistant can schedule for my appointment??????? WHAT?
They never even did the cleaning. I never went to a dentist that did not clean you teeth during the first visit. Is this a way to milk the insurance company for more money??? I dont know I was so aggrivated. I am going back in March for my follow up and I made sure they were going to due the cleaning AND the tiny cavity at the same time. I may be looking for another dentist.....such a hassle.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. Did you go to either Dr. Cooper or Dr. Owens? I can't see them doing something like that, not that i'm disagreeing or anything. When you ask to see either one of them and tell them about your last experience. I promise they are very good!! When you go for your cleaning Julia is the best! there's one lady there and she's too rough, i don't like her and i told Julia about her and now i go strictly to her for my cleaning! I feel horrible about your situation but i seriously cannot seeing them doing something like that. I really think you should say something to them about your bad experience and they'll work on getting it better.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm

A lot of dental offices do this. Every person is different and every persons mouth is different. The cleaning you need may not be the cleaning the next person needs. The doctor needs to examine your teeth and tell the hygienist what kind of cleaning should be done. People with gum diease require more treatment then someone who does not have gum disease. The person who scheduled the appointment was not trying to annoy you and I can assure you that it is not a way to get more money from insurance companies. It is an extra step but it is the right way to do it.

btw, I am not a patient there.

T

The Showstopper

i have to get my entire mouth worked on... every tooth... its pretty rough... ive got 2 decayed, 1 completly gone... and one almost gone... i have a terrible fear of the dentist.. but my teeth, as well as most people in my family are bad, and the thing is, i brushed, flossed, used mouthwash all the time growing up.. but it just didnt do anything... now i have to get a full mouth reconstruction, but im afraid of a the pain and b the bill

CalifrniaDreamn

I was refered to Tidewater by a friend. Set up appointment. Showed up. Very nice. THEN I sit in the chair while they take very painful x-rays?....QUOTE]

I just went there and part of the x-rays were painful. I don't think the person taking them was experienced enough, or else they need smaller x-ray holders. I have a small mouth.

But other than the initial set of over the top x-rays, they were great and I would recommend them! I think there is some confusion there as to whether your first visit will include a cleaning. I made sure that I got an initial visit and a cleaning all at once.

Last edited:

keekee

Dr. Dabbs in Leonardtown, Rt5 301-475-5551

Dr. Dabbs is great, but good luck getting an appointment this year. I have been a patient there for decades, and called last week to schedule family cleanings. They are scheduling appointments for 2009, all booked up this year!

I'm reading this thread because I'm being forced to switch dentists. It's just ridiculous trying to get an appointment there. :frown:

T

toppick08

Dr. Dabbs is great, but good luck getting an appointment this year. I have been a patient there for decades, and called last week to schedule family cleanings. They are scheduling appointments for 2009, all booked up this year!

I'm reading this thread because I'm being forced to switch dentists. It's just ridiculous trying to get an appointment there. :frown:

I like Dr. Hochman in Leonardtown.........:howdy: