Boy gave me a heart attack

Pete

Repete
For a couple weeks he has been talking about practising his back flip on the trampoline. I have seen him do it hundreds of time and it is a back flip-twist type deal, a much safer maneuver so this is what I thought he was talking about.

Soooooooo tonight I am taking the new grill for its maiden voyage down the grilling meat river and I walk out on the deck. I glace over to the trampoline and Boy, my beloved little boy, surrounded by the neighborhood kids, is flying through the air, getting some serious height, rotates his feet perfectly and nearly sticks the landing.:yikes::faint:

I am totally stunned at this point, so much so I don't remember yelling HOLY SHIAT! and making a pee spot on my chinos. So after I calm down a little I watch him attempt another. I went down and talked to him and figure as long as he is careful I might as well let him do it because he is going to do it anyway, just when I am not around. We discuss some rules, launch points and make sure he is being safe.

So after dinner he is psyched because he is so close to landing it. He goes out while I am cleaning up the kitchen. So I walk over to the table and look out to see him sailing through the air :yikes: rotates, perfect tuck, and sticks the landing perfectly! :clap: I see him grin and swivel his head to see if ANYONE saw him, then the smile began to fade. :frown: I dashed out the door and yelled I SAW IT! He immediately started beaming :lmao:

He is a stud. :diva:

Pete

Repete
cattitude said:
Please tell me he always has somebody spotting for him.

I hate trampolines.
What exactly is "spotting"? You mean standing there to try and catch all 105lbs of him flying through the air?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Pete said:
What exactly is "spotting"? You mean standing there to try and catch all 105lbs of him flying through the air?

Yeah. I just don't think they should be on a trampoline without adult supervision. AND I am not a bubble mom.

Pete

Repete
cattitude said:
Yeah. I just don't think they should be on a trampoline without adult supervision. AND I am not a bubble mom.
That was rule #1. No back flips without me here.

greyhound

Pete said:
For a couple weeks he has been talking about practising his back flip on the trampoline. I have seen him do it hundreds of time and it is a back flip-twist type deal, a much safer maneuver so this is what I thought he was talking about.

Soooooooo tonight I am taking the new grill for its maiden voyage down the grilling meat river and I walk out on the deck. I glace over to the trampoline and Boy, my beloved little boy, surrounded by the neighborhood kids, is flying through the air, getting some serious height, rotates his feet perfectly and nearly sticks the landing.:yikes::faint:

I am totally stunned at this point, so much so I don't remember yelling HOLY SHIAT! and making a pee spot on my chinos. So after I calm down a little I watch him attempt another. I went down and talked to him and figure as long as he is careful I might as well let him do it because he is going to do it anyway, just when I am not around. We discuss some rules, launch points and make sure he is being safe.

So after dinner he is psyched because he is so close to landing it. He goes out while I am cleaning up the kitchen. So I walk over to the table and look out to see him sailing through the air :yikes: rotates, perfect tuck, and sticks the landing perfectly! :clap: I see him grin and swivel his head to see if ANYONE saw him, then the smile began to fade. :frown: I dashed out the door and yelled I SAW IT! He immediately started beaming :lmao:

He is a stud. :diva:

Don't ya just love those moments!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Pete said:
I am still leery about him doing it, but I have never been a bubble dad and I am not going to start.
My parents and aunts and uncles used to send five or six of us out to the trampoline for hours. 11 at night, kids still on the trampoline. :roflmao: I have a scar and am missing pigment on the edge of my upper lip from a trampoline incident. :lol:

Pete

Repete
Nickel said:
My parents and aunts and uncles used to send five or six of us out to the trampoline for hours. 11 at night, kids still on the trampoline. :roflmao: I have a scar and am missing pigment on the edge of my upper lip from a trampoline incident. :lol:
I bought this trampoline when he was 2. It is about worn out. I was thinking about trashing it and getting a new one.