Ever feel "dirty" after leaving a movie?

fuzzyng

I dont mean dirty like there was like sticky floors or like you spilt your drink on yourself, but like the movie was so like... "oh my..." that you left feeling like you needed a shower... I'm not talking purely sexual, either... just like, content or plot was just... i donno, sick? thats not the word I was thinking of... anyway...

The movie that this has happened was 8mm with Nicholas Cage... very desturbing movie... if you've seen it, then you know... it was really a good movie, just left me feeling like i needed to take a shower and scrub hard!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I know what you mean

I saw 8mm on satelite. It was definately not a mood picker-upper. You know which one I thought was even more disturbing? Event Horizon, the ending was so dark and disturbing that I've never wanted to watch the movie again. I'm glad I didn't pay theatre prices for either.

blueeyes76

8mm was awful. i wanted to stop watching it but i just couldn't, i had to know how it ended. i haven't watched it again and refuse to.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't watch movies like that - the previews for 8MM were enough for me. I'm neurotic enough as it is...

I'll tell you what movie makes me cry every time - Full Metal Jacket. I can never get past the treatment of Pyle - gives me nightmares. I don't do well with graphic war movies or any movie where someone's being really mean to someone else. Black Hawk Down was a weeper for me.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I personally refuse to watch any movie that comes on the lifetime channel any more. It seems everytime you get sucked into one of their movies, it turns out to be about child abuse, sex abuse or spouse abuse. That just makes me feel like crap when its over and disgusted with myself for sitting there and watching it - so I programed out the channel LOL

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ah, the Dark Side,

Try "Black robe" or "The Black Robes" something like that... it's about some missionaries in Canada in the early/mid 1700's with Indians.

Full of horrible deaths, painful lives, disease, misery. Bleak. A real charmer.

I actually respect this movie in that it is probably very much the way it was. None of this "at one with nature" bull crap.

It got cold, wet, illness meant death, it was dangerous, your neighbors would steal everything you've done or worse at any time and every single day was about one thing: Survival.

So "dirty" might not be appropriate, but, it wrings you out.

Angelas Ashes is another sunny flick that I credit for the same reasons.

daniel

I hated 8mm. It was not only a "dirty feeling" movie but a bad one too. I don't think it had any redeeming qualities..including Nicholas Cage.

Now Full Metal Jacket, That was not exactly an uplifting movie but I loved it and think it is an all time great.

And lifetime is a joke, the only thing i ever watched on that channel was Columbo but that was years ago and i doubt it is still on. Everything else is a shitty Shelley Long drama.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Showgirls. I can't believe I saw this one in the theater. Not a single likable human being in the entire film. All the characters were opportunistic, venal a$$holes.

zyrne

Uck

Ok..>I hope this doesn't make me sound too wishy-washy., but two things really disturb me in movies.
Rape scenes and brutal violence. Not violence like war, guns or karate and such, but brutal beating, bludgeoning (sp?) type stuff.

Leaving Las Vegas REALLY bothered me with the rape/beating scene. I just felt icky for days.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm with you, Zyrne. Two movies I made the mistake of watching when I was younger - "I Spit On Your Grave" and "Last House On The Left". Both were absolutely horrible and made me neurotic to this day.

I even get upset at the scene in the Godfather where Carlo's beating a pregnant Connie with his belt.

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Tonio
Showgirls. I can't believe I saw this one in the theater. Not a single likable human being in the entire film. All the characters were opportunistic, venal a$$holes.

Hey, now...I LOVE this movie! Gina Girshon is a fav. of mine.

H

Heretic

Funny before I even clicked on the topic I knew which movie you were talking about. It is without a doubt the sickest movie I have ever seen.