New Dad

SamSpade

We're finally home and I'm a dad with lots of questions.

I'd rather not discuss stuff on the boards if necessary, but for those of you with small children, I'd love to discuss stuff in PM if you are willing. There's a lot for me to learn. PM me if you'd like to chat about it.

Nanny Pam

SamSpade said:

I'd rather not discuss stuff on the boards if necessary, but for those of you with small children, I'd love to discuss stuff in PM if you are willing. There's a lot for me to learn. PM me if you'd like to chat about it.
:yahoo: Congrats!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
1. Breast feeding is good, you can't feed him in the middle of the night.
2. Never admit there's a changing station in the men's room

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Congrats, Sam and Bluejay! :clap:

Feel free to PM me - you know how I love to give child-rearing advice :biggrin:

watercolor

yeah yeah
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Finally! I have been living vicariously through your emails! I felt like I was there with ya though. I want to meet the little man and see pics!

S

StrwberryKisses

Congrats on the new baby. :thewave:

A few very simple things:
When they wake up in the middle of the night needing there pants changed, they are not completely awake. get a baby wipe warmer it will be easier to get them back to sleep if you have not shocked there cold bottoms with that cold wipe.

Never chance it take your car to the fire department and have them check your chair seat just for a warm fuzzy.

You can always just set the car seat with baby in it on top of the dryer. It simulates the car so that at 4 in the morning you are not driving around trying to calm. The dryer is the next best thing.

YOU CAN NEVER HOLD A BABY TOO MUCH. That's what you are there for. Support and comfort. Before long they are not going to want to cuddle.

Enjoy your time as much as you can. They grow up way to fast. :flowers:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Depending on how little that baby boy is, you may or may not get peed on during a diaper change. Watch out. That's the only advice you need. :roflmao:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
SamSpade said:

Congrats. One thing you will instantly learn is that there is such a thing as INSTANT LOVE. I would eat a grenade for my kids. Feel free to PM me any questions. Don't know what your situation is but I have an eddie bauer car seat with detachable base and 3 bases so she/he can car hop without fussing. If anyone else could use it then speak up. Please!!!!

StrwberryKisses said:
Congrats on the new baby. :thewave:

A few very simple things:
When they wake up in the middle of the night needing there pants changed, they are not completely awake. get a baby wipe warmer it will be easier to get them back to sleep if you have not shocked there cold bottoms with that cold wipe.

I've read a lot of negative reviews on baby wipes warmers. I've heard that they are a waste of money as they dry out the wipes. :confused:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Speedy70 said:
I've read a lot of negative reviews on baby wipes warmers. I've heard that they are a waste of money as they dry out the wipes. :confused:

They do dry out the last 5 or 6 at the bottom but the warmth on babies bottom is worth the waste as far as I am concerned.

flomaster said:
They do dry out the last 5 or 6 at the bottom but the warmth on babies bottom is worth the waste as far as I am concerned.

Thanks. I think I'll go ahead and add one to our registry. :yay:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Speedy70 said:
Thanks. I think I'll go ahead and add one to our registry. :yay:

I still use mine for my 2 year old girl. Trust me, when I use a cold one she makes it known. Tightens up the butt cheeks like a vise and screams bloody murder!!!
:lmao:

jenbengen

Watch it
aps45819 said:
1. Breast feeding is good, you can't feed him in the middle of the night.
2. Never admit there's a changing station in the men's room

There's a reason they put "Baby Changing station here" signs on the men's bathroom doors- so daddy's like you can't lie anymore. LOL. We've caught on to you! :razz:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Awesome :yay: :yay:
Spoil Mommy and little one every chance you get.

Welcome to Fatherhood, buddy.

Start that Mutual Fund yesterday.
Even if it's only $50/month.

Good luck, and enjoy the special times.
(They grow up quickly)

Toxick

Splat
SamSpade said:

Congratulations.

I have three booger-pickers - and diaper rash is still fresh in my mind. Feel free to PM.

mainman

Set Trippin
Congrats Sam!!!! Don't under estimate yourself, you would be surprised how naturally this stuff will come to you. :wink: