Just wondering...

Cowgirl

So, this was our weekend with the kids. Yesterday afternoon we went to BF's parents' house for dinner....we were all out in the yard BBQing chicken. BF was teaching boy how to ride a bike. They were out front on the sidewalk. BF's little brother was pulling girl in the wagon out front. I was in the backyard with the parents.

BF said the kids' mom drove by...didn't stop to say hi or even wave. He said she just kept her head straight forward and pretended not to see them. This is a very small town, and the ex's parents live on the same street as BF's parents...just 2 blocks down. Ex would have to be blind not to see her kids in the front yard....the house is only maybe 25 feet from the street.

Does anyone else think it's weird she didn't at least wave to her kids? I mean, I know it's not her weekend with them, but they're still her kids. :confused:

Not trying to start anything...just wondering what y'all thought.

Last edited:

SoMDGirl42

She should have acknowledged her children, but not to the point of interupting the visit with their father for an extented period of time. The least she could have done was wave, throw some kisses, toot the horn, something. I would have stopped for a minute, then continued on my way.

jetmonkey

She should have been invited to the BBQ :shrug: Is she good enough to #### but not good enough to eat with?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Cowgirl said:
So, this was our weekend with the kids. Yesterday afternoon we went to BF's parents' house for dinner....we were all out in the yard BBQing chicken. BF was teaching boy how to ride a bike. They were out front on the sidewalk. BF's little brother was pulling girl in the wagon out front. I was in the backyard with the parents.

BF said the kids' mom drove by...didn't stop to say hi or even wave. He said she just kept her head straight forward and pretended not to see them. This is a very small town, and the ex's parents live on the same street as BF's parents...just 2 blocks down. Ex would have to be blind not to see her kids in the front yard....the house is only maybe 25 feet from the street.

Does anyone else think it's weird she didn't at least wave to her kids? I mean, I know it's not her weekend with them, but they're still her kids. :confused:

Not trying to start anything...just wondering what y'all thought.
Your BF has shown a tendency toward hooking up with psychopaths, hasn't he?

J/K :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
vraiblonde said:
No - I'm asking Jet why she can't be good enough to #### but not good enough to eat with.
:yeahthat: Drooling and screaming is cool for xxxxing but not real nice at the dinner table.

Cowgirl

MMDad said:
Your BF has shown a tendency toward hooking up with psychopaths, hasn't he?

J/K :lol:

That all ended when he met me! :diva:

:lol:

aps45819 said:
Drooling and screaming is cool for xxxxing but not real nice at the dinner table.

Thank you so much for that wonderful mental picture. :smack:

MMDad

Lem Putt
aps45819 said:
Drooling and screaming is cool for xxxxing

Drooling? Screaming? :twitch:

Now we know why Dems keeps running away from you no matter how hard you try to woo her.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
My Ex and my parents live two houses apart. If I'm over my parents I make it a point to wave to my child. Sometimes I'll even pull in and chat with him for a few seconds. But I always wave or toot the horn.

Nanny Pam

Cowgirl,
Sometimes kids experience separation anxiety. So if they even saw their Mother driving down the street, it might have started up a crying session. It is most times better for everyone involved if the Mom simply drops off the kids and doesn't see them again till it's her turn. Maybe Mom knows this, so she just drove past without the "beep."
Do you know if the kids show signs of separation anxiety when dropped off at daycare, or anywhere else?

Cowgirl

Nanny Pam said:
Cowgirl,
Sometimes kids experience separation anxiety. So if they even saw their Mother driving down the street, it might have started up a crying session. It is most times better for everyone involved if the Mom simply drops off the kids and doesn't see them again till it's her turn. Maybe Mom knows this, so she just drove past without the "beep."
Do you know if the kids show signs of separation anxiety when dropped off at daycare, or anywhere else?

They usually transition really well. Even girl, who is only 21 mos. handles it very well. Boy will ask when his mommy will pick him up from daycare, and when will we pick him up again. He's only asked to talk to his mom on the phone maybe 1 time in the past year. He's more than welcome to call her any time he wants. I really think the scheduling helps with separation too...it might be slightly more confusing for them...but we all think it helps them. Instead of doing a week at mom's/week at dad's, we do 2 days here, 2 days there, and every other weekend. The most they ever have to go without the other parent is 3 nights.

I doubt mom was thinking of the separation anxiety...I don't think a wave would have hurt anythin....but who knows.

ChattyCat

ChattyCat
MDTerps said:
My Ex and my parents live two houses apart. If I'm over my parents I make it a point to wave to my child. Sometimes I'll even pull in and chat with him for a few seconds. But I always wave or toot the horn.
you better make it a point! You are not to big or too old for me to whip up on you! LOL

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Cowgirl said:
They usually transition really well. Even girl, who is only 21 mos. handles it very well. Boy will ask when his mommy will pick him up from daycare, and when will we pick him up again. He's only asked to talk to his mom on the phone maybe 1 time in the past year. He's more than welcome to call her any time he wants. I really think the scheduling helps with separation too...it might be slightly more confusing for them...but we all think it helps them. Instead of doing a week at mom's/week at dad's, we do 2 days here, 2 days there, and every other weekend. The most they ever have to go without the other parent is 3 nights.

I doubt mom was thinking of the separation anxiety...I don't think a wave would have hurt anythin....but who knows.

Our schedule is the same as yours. Drop off and pick up are done through Daycare and that makes things alot easier. My son doesn't have to feel stressed about leaving one parent to go with the other and thinking he is upsetting the one he is leaving.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
ChattyCat said:
you better make it a point! You are not to big or too old for me to whip up on you! LOL

I'm doing it for my child. Not that I want to wave at my ex by no means. :razz: