Baby shower questions

Cowgirl

So, I'm planning a baby shower for my sister. She's due end of June, expecting a boy. She has said she pretty much has everything she needs for the baby.....so, what should I get her? Are there any new baby gadgets out there that I'm unaware of? Any mothers that can suggest something cool?

Also, what are some good games to play? The only one I can think of is for each person to measure out a length of toilet paper that they think will equal the circumference of her belly.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Cowgirl said:
So, I'm planning a baby shower for my sister. She's due end of June, expecting a boy. She has said she pretty much has everything she needs for the baby.....so, what should I get her? Are there any new baby gadgets out there that I'm unaware of? Any mothers that can suggest something cool?

Also, what are some good games to play? The only one I can think of is for each person to measure out a length of toilet paper that they think will equal the circumference of her belly.

I bet she does not have enough diapers.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Cowgirl said:

I love to do a large basket of goodies...from nail clippers to tucks. I get a really nice wicker basket and stuff it with onesies, bibs, binkies, bottle brush, socks, diapers, wipes, vaseline, caldesene, advil (for mom), rattles, burp cloths, receiving blankets.....just anything I see that I needed and always seemed to never have enough. I decorate the baskets with pink or blue ribbons.

I'm always :yikes: when I get to the checkout and see how much I've spent. All that stuff adds up QUICK!!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
cattitude said:
I love to do a large basket of goodies.
:yeahthat:

Or, you could do a mommy gift basket. Things for her once the baby comes. If she lives close, maybe you can offer free babysitting and a spa gift certificate or something.

Cowgirl

Nickel said:
:yeahthat:

Or, you could do a mommy gift basket. Things for her once the baby comes. If she lives close, maybe you can offer free babysitting and a spa gift certificate or something.

Yeah, I might just do that....unfortunately she's in Winston-Salem....so I can't babysit. :bawl:

Cowgirl

cattitude said:
I love to do a large basket of goodies...from nail clippers to tucks. I get a really nice wicker basket and stuff it with onesies, bibs, binkies, bottle brush, socks, diapers, wipes, vaseline, caldesene, advil (for mom), rattles, burp cloths, receiving blankets.....just anything I see that I needed and always seemed to never have enough. I decorate the baskets with pink or blue ribbons.

I'm always :yikes: when I get to the checkout and see how much I've spent. All that stuff adds up QUICK!!

That's a good idea...maybe I'll take yours and Nickel's and combine them...one big basket with everything under the sun! :jet: She'd love that!

R

remaxrealtor

I often give one or two visits from a cleaning service for when they get home.

knittin

somdexpressions
I made up a game that lists a bunch of baby items where some are real and some are fake. Guests had to guess which ones were which. It was really funny!!

We had a prize for the person who got the most right and the most wrong! :lmao:

I

Inkpen

Cowgirl said:
She's doing cloth diapers. But thanks!

Glad to know they are still around!

If she has a lot of stuff all ready, how about a day at a spa...foot, leg treatment, back and shoulders, nails painted....all those little things she cnt do hersefl...????

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I was just amazed to find that I didn't really need or use a lot of the stuff that I received as gifts. Diaper pail - didn't use it. Baby bathtub - used it just a few times before I realized that the kitchen sink worked much better and didn't strain my back so much. There's lots of stuff on the market proclaiming to make life so much easier, but it is stuff that you really don't need.

One thing that I used every day for the first six months was a co-baby sleeper. This contraption was like a bassinette that could hook to my bed (although I didn't use this feature) and made for easier feeding and so forth. I loved that thing.

Also a must have is a portable playpen. I have one set up in the living room and I have a second one that I leave in the back of my truck. I bought each of these used, and that was the best money ever spent.

I'd recommend diapers and wipes, and gift cards to use for formula if she goes that route.

Cowgirl

BadGirl said:
One thing that I used every day for the first six months was a co-baby sleeper. This contraption was like a bassinette that could hook to my bed (although I didn't use this feature) and made for easier feeding and so forth. I loved that thing.

Hm.. I think she used a regular bassinette with her first...I wonder if she's planning on doing the same...:confused: I'll look into it.

Also a must have is a portable playpen. I have one set up in the living room and I have a second one that I leave in the back of my truck. I bought each of these used, and that was the best money ever spent.

She runs an in-home daycare...so she's got everything under the sun it seems. :ohwell:

I'd recommend diapers and wipes, and gift cards to use for formula if she goes that route.

She's going to BF...but gift certificates for wipes would come in handy I bet.

Cowgirl

Thanks for all of your replies. I think I'm going to do a spa gift certificate or something like that. She will really enjoy it.....probably when the baby is 6 mos old or so. :lmao: With her first, she never wanted to go anywhere without the baby. Maybe this time she'll feel more comfortable going out and spending time by herself. :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
Cowgirl said:
Hm.. I think she used a regular bassinette with her first...I wonder if she's planning on doing the same...:confused: I'll look into it.

Velcro on the wall works pretty well also.
we did it and other than this strange twitching, she turned out just fine.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
BadGirl said:
Also a must have is a portable playpen. I have one set up in the living room and I have a second one that I leave in the back of my truck.

Is it still legal to let the kids ride in the back of the truck if they are in a playpen:confused:

bcp

In My Opinion
Dougstermd said:
Is it still legal to let the kids ride in the back of the truck if they are in a playpen:confused:
I think they have to be securly fastened with a leash type device that is short enough to keep them from hitting the road if they fall over the side.