Need ideas...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Still doing very well on my diet...I got boneless chicken breast (I eat daily) and some fresh broccoli..I want to do chicken and broccoli tonight what kind of low fat/calorie sauce can I put on it? I also have some fresh beans..Any ideas?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pasofever said:
Still doing very well on my diet...I got boneless chicken breast (I eat daily) and some fresh broccoli..I want to do chicken and broccoli tonight what kind of low fat/calorie sauce can I put on it? I also have some fresh beans..Any ideas?
Low fat cream of mushroom soup and add a bit of sherry. :yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Nickel said:
What about a light Italian dressing?

Hmmm that might work...thanks..I was doing to do a hot dish and was thinking about something like you get on the beans at a Chinese resturant...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
RoseRed said:
Low fat cream of mushroom soup and add a bit of sherry. :yay:

WOW excellent idea....I dont have sherry though...but the cream soup sounds great...I am doing so well I am proud of myself..and want to keep it up..

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pasofever said:
WOW excellent idea....I dont have sherry though...but the cream soup sounds great...I am doing so well I am proud of myself..and want to keep it up..
Good for you! :yay:

Vince

Did chicken last night. Tonight it's just burgers and dogs on the grill with a side of salad and oven fries.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Vince said:
Did chicken last night. Tonight it's just burgers and dogs on the grill with a side of salad and oven fries.
Have you ever "googled" for food that makes you taller?

Just an idea.

lovinmaryland

Pasofever said:
Hmmm that might work...thanks..I was doing to do a hot dish and was thinking about something like you get on the beans at a Chinese resturant...[/QUOTE

If you are looking for an oriental flair try sauting the chicken and veggies in dark sesame oil. It is so flavorful that you will only need a touch of it and then drizzle on some soy sauce with brown rice. it will be yummy.

Also check at foodlion they have the Iron Chef sauces I cook the chicken like i said above and then pour 1/4 cup of that sauce in a bowl w/ a bit of water to thin it and toss with chicken and veggies. the kids eat it up it is healthier and cheaper than ordering chinese food. :dance:

Vince

lovinmaryland said:
If you are looking for an oriental flair try sauting the chicken and veggies in dark sesame oil. It is so flavorful that you will only need a touch of it and then drizzle on some soy sauce with brown rice. it will be yummy.
That sounds good. Think I'll try it this weekend. :yum:

warneckutz

Pasofever said:

Mrs. Dash with some extra virgin olive oil :yay:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Pasofever said:
I typically use some spices and make a dry rub, usually turns out so no sauces are needed, sometimes I use a light Ranch Dressing

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Well this is what I did for lunch...will get some more stuff for your ideas when I go to the store..

I steamed the fresh green beans with some onion...added the chicken cut into small bites and not alot of chicken at all...I then put some powdered chicken gravy on it and added a touch of water..it is really tasty...I had NO cream of anything soup so I could not do Rosereds idea..will later..thanks

Attachments

• 100_1458sm.jpg
    100_1458sm.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

SD1492

Pasofever said:

This is one of my family loves.

One can of cream of cerely soup or cream of mushroom soup
One package of chicken breast (cut up in to bite size pieces)
Two cups white rice (instant rice)
One box of frozen broccollie

In a big pan cook the chicken. After the chicken is cooked add the cream of soup with 2 cans of water (not one), broccollie and rice (no water since you added two cans) and cook on low medium heat for about 25 min. (or until the broccollie is tender to your likeing) stirring every 5 min. or so.

Add some black pepper and enjoy.

This will make about 4 servings or so. For us it makes about 2 1/2 because I love it...