So

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I went out to the car to grab my softball clothes and was digging around in my car. That's when I noticed that my habitual (read daily) wearing of very high heels has worn a groove under the gas pedal in the carpet cover of the dirt mat. :lmao: Obviously I'll need to replace it, however are there any suggestions for anything more "durable" or a covering of some kind that will help protect the dirt mat from the damage my heels inflict? And NO I will not give up my precious high heels.

migtig said:
I went out to the car to grab my softball clothes and was digging around in my car. That's when I noticed that my habitual (read daily) wearing of very high heels has worn a groove under the gas pedal in the carpet cover of the dirt mat. :lmao: Obviously I'll need to replace it, however are there any suggestions for anything more "durable" or a covering of some kind that will help protect the dirt mat from the damage my heels inflict? And NO I will not give up my precious high heels.
Why do you want to replace it? You are in the groove. Actually I don't know. Diamond plate stainless steel?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
desertrat said:
Why do you want to replace it? You are in the groove. Actually I don't know. Diamond plate stainless steel?
Steel? are you serious? I can never tell...

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Why not just wear different shoes while you're driving, change into your pumps before you get out of the car.

smoothmarine187

migtig said:

You better not give up the high heels! You can get some diamond plate steel floor mats or just get the rubber ones.....that would be easier, or get new carpet mats with rubber inserts.

jenbengen

Watch it
migtig said:

LOL! Rubber mats should withstand the torture. They also have those ugly plastic-type mats. Otherwise, it's penny-loafers for you! :killingme

elaine said:
Why not just wear different shoes while you're driving, change into your pumps before you get out of the car.
:yeahthat: Because you are damaging your heel at the same time.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I get the "throw" rugs from WalMart..KMart, wherever, that match the interior and put them over the floor mats. You can wash them and they keep the floor and mats nice and clean. :yay:

cattitude said:
I get the "throw" rugs from WalMart..KMart, wherever, that match the interior and put them over the floor mats. You can wash them and they keep the floor and mats nice and clean. :yay:
Thanks Martha!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
cattitude said:

Ooh! What a good idea. I can get a couple of those grippy bathroom rugs and cut them so size. :yay:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
elaine said:
Ooh! What a good idea. I can get a couple of those grippy bathroom rugs and cut them so size. :yay:

You don't even need to cut them really. I fold them over. I got the idea from my sister years ago. You'd be surprised how it really keeps the original carpet, etc. in new shape.

Otter

Nothing to see here
elaine said:

Doesn't really matter if you wear different shoes, they will still wear a hole/groove in your mat where your heel rests by the gas pedal.

Don't most women slip out of their heels to drive? How does that work if you have really long heels and you push on the gas? It seems like your whole leg would rise up.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
desertrat said:
Don't most women slip out of their heels to drive? How does that work if you have really long heels and you push on the gas? It seems like your whole leg would rise up.
:ohwell: I can't reach the pedals.