Help! I've Got Smudge

K

Kain99

Rained all the way into work this morning and I found myself squinting through some nasty water smudgey stuff. I guess road crud is on my windshield. I take it to the car wash once a week, didn't stop this from happening.

Any hints on how to effectively clean the windsheild?

Try some home remedies - remember to take extra care with these!

*Solvents, such as WD-40, lift tar stains and tree sap.

*Lighter fluid easily gets rid of tree sap - just don't smoke while you're using it!

*Nail polish remover, applied with a cotton ball, targets tree-sapped areas. (Remove it quickly - don't want to ruin your paint job!)

*Spray orange-based solvent on the car and rub with children's molding clay to remove sticky items.

*Baking soda and water gently cleans dirty areas without scratching.

*Bacon grease helps loosen hardened bug bits and other glued-on goop.
Cooking oil cleans off caked-on intruders.

*Seltzer water (NOT club soda or tonic) loosens stuck-on bugs. Just watch it fizzle and then wipe away. This method works better (and is more fun) when done soon after an insect attack.

*Vinegar or soda poured on a windshield helps wipe away immobile offenders.

LINK

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Push the button to squirt cleaner on your windshield

There's a spray on cleaner called Invisible Glass, works great.

M

Mousebaby

Kain99 said:
Gimme a break! I'm a girl. :lmao: :huggy:

:smack: That's no excuse! My dad told me if your going to drive a car you have to know how to take care of it! I know how to do things that even my husband has trouble doing. Suck it up and learn how to do these things. Women have been screaming for equality for years and then you go and say something like that! Puh-Lease! :rolleyes: :lmao:

K

Kain99

Mousebaby said:
:smack: That's no excuse! My dad told me if your going to drive a car you have to know how to take care of it! I know how to do things that even my husband has trouble doing. Suck it up and learn how to do these things. Women have been screaming for equality for years and then you go and say something like that! Puh-Lease! :rolleyes: :lmao:
Umm Hello! I know how to change my wiper blades but with working full time two hours away from home and actively raising two teenage sons and an adult daughter things like this slip my mind.

P.S. I don't need equality, I make more than 100 grand a year!! :SLAM!: :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

Kain99 said:
Umm Hello! I know how to change my wiper blades but with working full time two hours away from home and actively raising two teenage sons and an adult daughter things like this slip my mind.

P.S. I don't need equality, I make more than 100 grand a year!! :SLAM!: :lmao:

Oh well in that case PAY somebody to do it for you! :yay:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X, Rain-X......Oh did I mention...Try Rain-X....AFTER you put new blades on....