Looking for....

M

Mousebaby

Does anyone have a 50 + gallon aquarium that does not hold water, and does not necessarily need a lid, that they can either give me or sell to me cheap? :popcorn:

My skink is way too big for her 20 gallon tank and she would love a new home.

TIA :flowers:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I made a cage once for my old Lizard. Took some 1X1's and screwed them together then got a small roll of screen material for screen doors and stapled to it. :yay:

M

Mousebaby

Thanks for the idea, but she has to have a moist environment so I need the glass tank for that. It just doesn't have to be standing water, so the aquarium doesn't need to hold water. I hope I can find something for her cause she is too inactive in this tank and she is a little on the heavy side. The poor thing is on a worm and berry diet! :barf:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Mousebaby said:
Thanks for the idea, but she has to have a moist environment so I need the glass tank for that. It just doesn't have to be standing water, so the aquarium doesn't need to hold water. I hope I can find something for her cause she is too inactive in this tank and she is a little on the heavy side. The poor thing is on a worm and berry diet! :barf:
How about a mist system?

M

Mousebaby

I just took down my huge cage I had for my water dragon. I didn't really want to go there again. I had a misting system in that but it quit working. All the skink needs is the repti-bark in the cage to stay dampish. I just really want a tank so its easier to clean. But thanks for your advice! :huggy:

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Don't know what you call "really cheap" but there's always a few listed in the classifieds here and in the pennysaver (mdpennysaver.com). I'd also check yard sales- you never know.

Instead of the mesh, like Magnum mentioned, you can use plexiglass. That'll keep the humidity in, as well as heat (unlike glass).