What's up with StarMaker Learning Center?

2007rocks

Anyone on the waiting list there or have children who go there since they've been under new ownership?? Is everything still good about the place even under the new owner or has it gone downhill? I'm on the wiating list right now and they seem a bit disorganized but it may just be me :/

sockgirl77

2007rocks said:
Anyone on the waiting list there or have children who go there since they've been under new ownership?? Is everything still good about the place even under the new owner or has it gone downhill? I'm on the wiating list right now and they seem a bit disorganized but it may just be me :/
There is always a waiting list for infants. The new ownership has not changed anything except that they've upped their security. They installed a new front door lock and an electronic sign in/out computer. Other than that, nothing has changed. I never found them to be disorganized. :shrug:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
sockgirl77 said:
There is always a waiting list for infants. The new ownership has not changed anything except that they've upped their security. They installed a new front door lock and an electronic sign in/out computer. Other than that, nothing has changed. I never found them to be disorganized. :shrug:
:yeahthat:

teacher123

I was wondering about Starmaker as well... I emailed the director 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Hmmm...

sockgirl77

teacher123 said:
I was wondering about Starmaker as well... I emailed the director 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. Hmmm...
Why not just pick up the phone and call. Maybe she (Rebecca) did not get the email. She's great and I cannot see her intentionally not responding to an email.

Hawkeyewife

We LOVE Starmaker

I started my two kids there in March and work in the center part-time. They have wonderful teachers for preschool/kindergarden/elementary school. My 4-yr old is reading much better now on her own and there are others in her class that are doing multiplication in math (which impresses me very much, though my daughter is not there yet in math). The summer program is a traditional camp program but the school year follows the Montessori method for the most part.

The day-care area is clean and all of the staff is great. Call Rebecca if you have any questions.

nightowl

I sent my son to Creative Beginnings (across from Wal-Mart), always found them really nice there.