Old Wives Tale--the Needle Spins Which

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
direction over the mothers stomach on the end of a pencil--horizontal or verticle-- one is a boy the other is a girl.....

New DIL (2B) is expecting in Oct. #2 for #2 son. Anyway does anyone remember what means what? Sex wise....... She has a inverted uterus and they haven't been able to hear the heartbeat or see the baby well in the ultrasounds. We just feel like being stupid and playing............

M

missperky

If it spins, the baby is a girl, if it swings the baby is a boy. :shrug:

sockgirl77

It is a crock. The only one that I go by is the heart rate. Doctor says that there is no rhyme or reason to it but it was right for the both of mine. Boy had a slow heart rate. Girls was racing. This one is racing. We'll see.

M

missperky

sockgirl77 said:
It is a crock. The only one that I go by is the heart rate. Doctor says that there is no rhyme or reason to it but it was right for the both of mine. Boy had a slow heart rate. Girls was racing. This one is racing. We'll see.

The only one I go by is after I give birth. :lmao:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
sockgirl77 said:

:smack: I KNOW it's a crock of ####! It's just for grins and giggles. :bonk::biggrin:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
They say if the pendulum moves in a strong circular motion, you're having a girl. If it swings side to side you're having a boy. My Gram used to tell me it was more accurate if you used the mom's wedding ring.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Depends on who is swinging the needle.
You must first ask it "show me boy, note the direction, then show me girl"
Then place it over the mother's belly and see what it says.

My aunt did it and I was suppose to be a boy :ohwell:
My name was to be William Augustus. Can you imagine my parents surprise when I came out! :lol:
I always joked for years that I was their eldest daughter and only son. :biggrin:

onebdzee

off the shelf
My sister use to go by how much weight gain you had(didn't work for me)....if you gain a lot of weight it's supposed to be a boy

The way I figured out mine was how much my tatas hurt in the first 3 months....if they hurt a lot is was a boy

sockgirl77

onebdzee said:
My sister use to go by how much weight gain you had(didn't work for me)....if you gain a lot of weight it's supposed to be a boy

The way I figured out mine was how much my tatas hurt in the first 3 months....if they hurt a lot is was a boy
Then I guess I'm having a boy. While preggers with girl they didn't hurt until the very end. They hurt like hell now!

sockgirl77 said:

The heartrate one is also a wives tale.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Speedy70 said:
The heartrate one is also a wives tale.
All these things are an old wives tale. It's just fun to play around with them to see if they do (by coincidence) predict the right sex.

:biggrin:

BadGirl said:
All these things are an old wives tale. It's just fun to play around with them to see if they do (by coincidence) predict the right sex.

I tried the Chinese gender prediction calendar just for fun. It was right for me, but I know it's just a coincidence. :shrug:

Wisecrackin"

BadGirl said:

Actually I was told by an RN that it works and is pretty reliable ...something about Due North?

onebdzee

off the shelf
BadGirl said:
I got a sonogram. Worked for me to "predict" the correct sex. :lol:

All the sonograms I had done(3 of the 5) couldn't tell what the sex was....they all had their legs crossed :ohwell:

CMC122

Go Braves!
It was done over my wrist with a needle and a thread:lmao: It was right though, predicted all 3 varmits:yay: