Swimming Lessons for 2-3 year old?

nikisonny

Does anyone know of any place to take children ages 2 or 3 for swimming lessons? I've heard there is something on the base, but of course I don't have a badge so my husband would have to take us. I'm looking for something in St. Mary's or Calvert. Thanks to anyone with any info.

:)

G

giggles04

St. Mary's College offers swim classes during the summer. I'm not sure of age ranges or anything like that... but you could give the Continuing Ed office a call down there and see if there's anything availiable. I hope you find what you want!!!!

W

wyldanjel

Originally posted by giggles04
St. Mary's College offers swim classes during the summer. I'm not sure of age ranges or anything like that... but you could give the Continuing Ed office a call down there and see if there's anything availiable. I hope you find what you want!!!!

I think you can do the mommy or daddy and me classes there. That's what they do first and it's a really great time.

Wyldanjel:bandit:

watercolor

yeah yeah
thanks for asking this question nikisonny!!! I was wondering the same for my neices!! The younger one is more so scared..she will get in the water..but..she has a hard time if you let go. I mean even if you are a inch away. I know it is a security factor, and I am all good with that. But I want her to learn also....

Anyone knows...keep her and I updated.

amysueb

Thanks for the swim lessons question. I was also wondering the same thing in Calvert County for my two girls. If anyone knows of any please let me know.

Thanks!

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Great Mills Swimming pool offers for age 3, not sure about age 2. But you have to get in the pool with the child.

D

dems4me

Pasofever said:
FYI I almost died taking lessons at that age..make sure you stay and watch..

:yeahthat: close supervision is key :smile: I was a waterbaby, my brother and I were taught to swim before we could walk :diva: I think that's where I get my LOVE for water and being out in it :lol: - not trying to be funny or anything, can't you just train them in a friend's pool or something instead of lessons? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
nikisonny said:
Does anyone know of any place to take children ages 2 or 3 for swimming lessons? I've heard there is something on the base, but of course I don't have a badge so my husband would have to take us. I'm looking for something in St. Mary's or Calvert. Thanks to anyone with any info.

:)

If you have a military affiliation you then have access to the Navy recreational center at Solomons Island. We’ve taken our kids there for lessons and the kids really seemed to enjoy it.

sockgirl77

MDTerps said:
Great Mills Swimming pool offers for age 3, not sure about age 2. But you have to get in the pool with the child.
They did offer them from 6 months and up. Not sure if it is still the same but that's how it was last summer. :yay: