pets on Wheels? (pow)

showqueen74

Hi Everyone! :howdy:
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with POW. I'm thinking of seeing if my cat will qualify for their program. I've been to their site, and have read what needs to be done for my pet. I supose what I'm asking is for your personal experiences, Good and Bad. I've volunteered at shelters before, and am looking to still do something with animals, just something differant this time. Feel free to reply directly to the thread, or to PM me.
thank you-V

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
showqueen74 said:
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with POW. I'm thinking of seeing if my cat will qualify for their program. I've been to their site, and have read what needs to be done for my pet. I supose what I'm asking is for your personal experiences, Good and Bad. I've volunteered at shelters before, and am looking to still do something with animals, just something differant this time. Feel free to reply directly to the thread, or to PM me.
thank you-V
I tried it, but my cat wouldn't stay on the skateboard.

Pegster710

The Pegster
showqueen74 said:
thank you-V

I did it for a while at Bayside in LP. I really enjoyed it - my dog did, too. After you get acclimated to the program, you can kind of make your own schedule. I noticed that the residents looked forward to the visits ~ with my pet and me. I used to work in the health care industry, so the nursing home environment didn't bother me at all; it might bother some who aren't used to it.

It's a worthwhile program. I think you'd like it. They have get-togethers every now and then for the members. It's fun...

kerriellen

showqueen74 said:
thank you-V
I do POW currently at Bayside with my Italian Greyhound, Cody. The people love it and so does he. The only bad side it that it is hard on me to see people slowly deteriorate and then die. (We've been doing it about 2 years.) However, the happiness that it brings the people at Bayside is definitely worth it, plus it is a great incentive to eat healthy and exercise.

Animals are screened the second Thursday of each month at Bayside. Hope to see you next week!

Kerri (and Cody)