teenager trouble

robbie

Hi, have a 16 yr. old who is starting with the mouthy stuff and all. Anyone know what you are and are not allowed to do as far as discipline. He has been a good kid but as of late its getting a bit unrespectful and sorta full of himself. Anyone know what the law is? He is bigger than his father which doesn't help.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
robbie said:
Hi, have a 16 yr. old who is starting with the mouthy stuff and all. Anyone know what you are and are not allowed to do as far as discipline. He has been a good kid but as of late its getting a bit unrespectful and sorta full of himself. Anyone know what the law is? He is bigger than his father which doesn't help.

Lock him in a closet until he's 21.
He will be a lot nicer and respectful then.

It sounds like you are thinking getting physical is your only resort...:eyebrow:

What about using the following privileges as leverage...:shrug:

Does he have is provisionals? If not, it's not up for consideration until he straightens out. If yes, he loses his driving privileges until he straightens out.

Cell phone? Same as above.

Spending money? Same as above.

Etc. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
robbie said:
Anyone know what you are and are not allowed to do as far as discipline.
A cop once told me that a phone book is a good heavy weapon and doesn't leave any marks. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
A cop once told me that a phone book is a good heavy weapon and doesn't leave any marks. :yay:

I was going to suggest not to leave a bruise. :lol:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
My 9 year old daughter is already mouthy. Soooo, I don't have any advice. Maybe you could count down to his 18th birthday and then have a moving party :larry:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
robbie said:

16 is a bit old to start thinking of spanking. :lmao:

What are you doing now for discipline?

Pete

Repete
robbie said:
The fact you had to ask reveals a big problem, not neccessarily yours alone but in our society as a whole.:shrug:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
robbie said:
Hi, have a 16 yr. old who is starting with the mouthy stuff and all.
He is bigger than his father which doesn't help.
Slap that mouth get in his face and tell him you do not tolerate that type of behavior in your house the moment it occurs. No "wait till your father gets home" crap. Physical size isn't important, it's about respect for you and the rules of your home.

Remember, they can smell fear.

mainman

Set Trippin
Pete said:
The fact you had to ask reveals a big problem, not neccessarily yours alone but in our society as a whole.:shrug:
I totally agree, what happened to you the first time you mouthed off to your pop?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
mainman said:
I totally agree, what happened to you the first time you mouthed off to your pop?
My MOM, slapped me and told me she doen't tolerate that type of behavior in her home :lol:

nobody really

I need a nap
:elaine:
aps45819 said:
Slap that mouth get in his face and tell him you do not tolerate that type of behavior in your house the moment it occurs. No "wait till your father gets home" crap. Physical size isn't important, it's about respect for you and the rules of your home.

Remember, they can smell fear.

I agree - kick his little smart a*s to the moon.

Gwydion

He's too old to respond to physical harrasment. Taking away any of the things he holds dear...ie car, phone, weekends, or whatever will get his attention much quicker.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I never mouthed off to my dad. I was scared of the consequences. I tried not to be mouthy to my mom cause I didn't like when she was mad at me.