Kids and TV

What is an appropriate age for a child to have a TV in their bedroom?

• Total voters

MMDad

Lem Putt
What age is appropriate for a kid to have a TV in their room? My kids (5 and 7) don't have TVs in their rooms, but I could see letting them have one at five.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I say never. There's no real need for it and it's one less thing for me to take out of thier room when they are grounded.

Nanny Pam

I say 5. I would use the privilege of having a TV in their room as a bargaining tool. At 5 years old, they understand that.

lovinmaryland

i said 8..... but then again each of my kids have a tv in their room (except the baby) they got them for christmas as their big gift and so far it has worked out pretty well. they know that they are to be off by 8 or the tvs are outta there.

my sister has had a tv in her sons room almost since birth and i think that is way to early. he is addicted and the only way he falls asleep is watching tv.

terbear1225

I say never. Having a tv/computer/phone in your bedroom is a bad idea for just about anyone, it can cause real problems with sleep patterns, especially if you have insomnia. I don't have a tv in my room for that exact reason.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Chasey_Lane said:
I vote "whenever the parents feel appropriate." :shrug:

:yeahthat:

My daughter has had a tv in her room since she was about 10. My son is now 11 and I have no plans on putting one in there anytime soon.