Bmi

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Did it again, changed my waist size down 2 sizes, and dropped my weight 20 lbs, and it only dropped to a 26 something....

:shrug:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I think the BMI is a bunch of junk science. Most professional football players (not talking about line guys) would be off the charts on this.

Sean Taylor=29.8
Clinton Portis=29.6

Last edited:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
19.7 and luckily for me I have some jeans in european sizes so I know my waist size in inches. I've lost some weight but I could still drop 5 lbs and be happy.

I agree that it's junk science for the most part. At my leanest since pig #2, I was coming up at 17 something and I was considered "malnourished". Granted I was very lean but hardly malnourished.

warneckutz

Magnum said:
Im a big fatty is what this is trying to tell me :bawl:

Here's what a bodybuilding magazine has to say about BMI:
"Why should you care about the bodyfat index? Because as a bodybuilder you could find your physique shortchanged. In fact it outright lies about your body because the body mass index doesn’t take into account the difference between muscle and fat. You need to be aware of this problem – particularly when it hits you in the pocketbook. It can hit you when people use the BMI to figure out how to classify you."

I wouldn't put too much stock in to the whole BMI deal.

There's always your Body Fat measurement.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
warneckutz said:
Here's what a bodybuilding magazine has to say about BMI:
"Why should you care about the bodyfat index? Because as a bodybuilder you could find your physique shortchanged. In fact it outright lies about your body because the body mass index doesn’t take into account the difference between muscle and fat. You need to be aware of this problem – particularly when it hits you in the pocketbook. It can hit you when people use the BMI to figure out how to classify you."

I wouldn't put too much stock in to the whole BMI deal.

There's always your Body Fat measurement.
Yeah plus it doesn't account for my :gossip: :lmao:

I know I could stand to loose a few pounds, well depending on who I talk too. I'm working on my 6 pack, right now it's still in the cooler. :yay:

Since December I have lost 20 pounds, and I have pretty much stayed consistant over the last month or so. Looks like I have lost all I'm going to loose. I really don't care what I weight, I know muscle weighs more than fat so I'm sure I'm going to start putting more weight back on soon

warneckutz

Magnum said:
I know I could stand to loose a few pounds, well depending on who I talk too. I'm working on my 6 pack, right now it's still in the cooler. :yay:

The diet I'm currently on is extremely strict, but it's working. It's definitely helped with definition and overall vascularity.