• No

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • Not for ADHD, but he's on other mind-altering chemicals

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm too busy for...

...this. What the hell? :tap: I need to take care of...hey...what's that shiny thing....over there???

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where's the...

...choice for 'no, but I should be'? I didn't see it. I don't understand what this has to do with...uh...with...hey, who did the Redskins pick?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
No, and I've said it before. There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of kids are on ADHD meds because the schools/teachers tell the parents the kid is ADHD. Gurls 3rd grade teacher tried to pigeon hole her as ADHD. The teacher was challenged by a bright student that finished her work then had nothing to do while she waited for the rest of the class to catch up. I pizzed off the teacher and staff, but too f'n bad.

shannonbrio

Better yet... How many believe that ADD and ADHD are just a money maker for the pharmacuetical companies and doctors or are they a catch all for the normal children that our over worked and underpaid teachers who do not have the time or effort to deal with a child with a good amount of energy?

morganj614

Larry Gude said:
...choice for 'no, but I should be'? I didn't see it. I don't understand what this has to do with...uh...with...hey, who did the Redskins pick?

That's not ADHD. That's annoying :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey!

..there is a poll? Whaddyouknowbout dat?

I need to finish watering these damn gerbers and then off to the...the...oh hell...the bob....no...Ed....Jim...?? Yeah! That place! The gym! And then I had something else to...which valve did I leave on? WTF is this string on my finger? Hey, did you buy deck furniture recently? What the hell for? We already...

:jameo:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
Gurls 3rd grade teacher tried to pigeon hole her as ADHD.
Em had a teacher who tried that, too, because Em wasn't interested in her classwork - she was interested in chatting with her friends. Today, without drug intervention, she is a fine student :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What are...

shannonbrio said:
Better yet... How many believe that ADD and ADHD are just a money maker for the pharmacuetical companies and doctors or are they a catch all for the normal children that our over worked and underpaid teachers who do not have the time or effort to deal with a child with a good amount of energy?

...you talking about?

Why aren't there more windows in schools?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tell him...

elaine said:
Hey, Larry...

FB's golfing Doral tomorrow. :razz:

...I said to fuc...Doral? You mean...the thing where you guys dress up, swill grog and chase the little white ball thingy around and watch Jackazz???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
shannonbrio said:
:howdy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who...

vraiblonde said:
Em had a teacher who tried that, too, because Em wasn't interested in her classwork - she was interested in chatting with her friends. Today, without drug intervention, she is a fine student :yay:

...is Em? The one in Hawaii or the...why, who...how do you know Em?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:

If a kid can talk on the phone for an hour, play a video game all afternoon, read a book for entertainment, etc; that child is not ADHD. I don't care what the doc's say. They have their collective heads firmly wedged up the pharmacueticals azzes.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Larry Gude said:
...I said to fuc...Doral? You mean...the thing where you guys dress up, swill grog and chase the little white ball thingy around and watch Jackazz???

Uh...yeah?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Are you even...

elaine said:
No, and I've said it before. There is no doubt in my mind that a lot of kids are on ADHD meds because the schools/teachers tell the parents the kid is ADHD. Gurls 3rd grade teacher tried to pigeon hole her as ADHD. The teacher was challenged by a bright student that finished her work then had nothing to do while she waited for the rest of the class to catch up. I pizzed off the teacher and staff, but too f'n bad.

...married, having children? Slut. You need to go to church. Laron Landry, that's the guy, #6, From LSU...

Pandora

My oldest son was diagnosed in the 4th grade as having ADD (not ADHD) and he is not on medication (my choice). Recently, I began to suspect that there are some blood sugar issues and I have put him on a strict diet and it has helped him focus better. We will have additional testing this week.

The school wanted my youngest tested and I found out he wasn't sitting still in class because he couldn't see. :jameo: