C L A

warneckutz

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (healthy fat)

... can help you drop abdominal and all-over bodyfat
... while helping to add muscle mass
... and boost strength.

(Muscle & Fitness, June 2007)

"... STUDY ALSO FOUND THAT SUBJECTS TAKING CLA GAINED ABOUT 1 POUND OF MUSCLE MASS WITHOUT ANY EXERCISE."

Did a little reading today and wanted to share that with all of you interested in supplements. :yay:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
CLA works!

I've been taking Tonalin(R) CLA and it does work - slowly :yay: . BUT....you have to take at least 1000mg of CLA 3 times a day with meals to be effective. Careful what you buy, like all other supplements there are those with so little of the effective ingredient it's not worth the money. Look for a product that only contains CLA ( at least 1000mg) and some essential fatty acids (yes - it's fat/oil) and maybe water, gelatin, glycerin (capsule) and color. If anything else is added, it's not pure CLA and you're getting ingredients you don't need, want or may have an negative effect on the CLA.
And help yourself by cutting out (or down if you must indulge) on the junk food and eat more home cooked/prepared food, eat breakfast and try to exercise or be active.

warneckutz

Aerogal said:
I've been taking Tonalin(R) CLA and it does work - slowly :yay: . BUT....you have to take at least 1000mg of CLA 3 times a day with meals to be effective. Careful what you buy, like all other supplements there are those with so little of the effective ingredient it's not worth the money. Look for a product that only contains CLA ( at least 1000mg) and some essential fatty acids (yes - it's fat/oil) and maybe water, gelatin, glycerin (capsule) and color. If anything else is added, it's not pure CLA and you're getting ingredients you don't need, want or may have an negative effect on the CLA.
And help yourself by cutting out (or down if you must indulge) on the junk food and eat more home cooked/prepared food, eat breakfast and try to exercise or be active.

I was reading that about the supplement as well, it takes time. I'm on an extremely strict diet at the moment, so I'm not sure if I'd notice much of a change. Maybe a little bit (hey, anything helps I guess!)

I was looking at either AST or Optimum Nutrition. Both companies are considered top-notch and I've used a ton of their other products with success. Thanks for the feedback! :yay: