Allergy meds...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...OK, what do you take and how do you like it?

I hate taking medicine for anything, especially allergies as that stuff makes me zizzy. Just so I can claim due diligence and get my 'cure all know it all' dad off my back, what do you all like out there in runny nose land?

Jameo

What?!
zyrtec d :yay: made me really sleepy when I first stated taking it, but after a wk or so I didn't have any problems with it.

daytime tylenol sinus is pretty good, then use the night time one in the evening... :lmao: just dont mix the two of them up cuz the night time one will really knock ya out!!!

p.s. thats if your allergies are making ya stuffed up... doesnt work too well if the allergies make your nose runny!

jenbengen

Watch it
Larry Gude said:

I hate taking medicine for anything, especially allergies as that stuff makes me zizzy. Just so I can claim due diligence and get my 'cure all know it all' dad off my back, what do you all like out there in runny nose land?

I take Zyrtec and it works great for me. I was warned about possibly getting drowsy and am usually sensitive to meds like that, but it doesn't have any side effects for me at all. It is really safe. My 7 year old takes it as well and she does great with it.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:

According to the scratch tests, I am allergic to everything BUT dogs - thank goodness! :lol: After several combos of meds and inhalers and bouts of pneumonia - I use singulair, nasonex and astelin. For additional relief, I have allegra-D or deconamine as needed. On stand-by is a nebulizer unit :yikes: and we keep three air purifiers going! :lmao: And advair.. Oh, and allergy shots. :roflmao: weekly... Probably a little more advanced than you need!! :lol:

J

jp2854

I take Flonase and it works great (its a spray that you spray up your nose once a day and it doesnt make you loopy or any of that).

Nanny Pam

virgovictoria said:
According to the scratch tests, I am allergic to everything BUT dogs - thank goodness! :lol: After several combos of meds and inhalers and bouts of pneumonia - I use singulair, nasonex and astelin. For additional relief, I have allegra-D or deconamine as needed. On stand-by is a nebulizer unit :yikes: and we keep three air purifiers going! :lmao: And advair.. Oh, and allergy shots. :roflmao: weekly... Probably a little more advanced than you need!! :lol:
:yikes: How do you have time for anything else?

:lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I've suffered allergies all my life. I've been on what seems like every medication, both OTC and prescription. For the last two years I've been taking Clarinex, which is basically another "breed" of Claritin. When I remember, I have a nose spray that I should be taking daily, also. Anyhow, it is a small pill, about the size of BC pills. :lol: I don't get dizzy, no dry mouth, no sleep issues...nada!

jenbengen

Watch it
virgovictoria said:

LOL! Sounds like my household. DH is an allergy magnet, 7 year old has been on every med, and I'm not too far behind! Never really had issues until we moved here. I guess we pay to have a beautiful spring!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
virgovictoria said:

But you smoke :lol:

Sorry...I had to say that. :huggy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Larry Gude said:

I love Alavert. I'm very sensitve to all those type of meds and one Alavert in the morning seems to do the trick and no drowsiness or the feeling I'm going 1,000 miles an hour.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
cattitude said:
But you smoke :lol:

Sorry...I had to say that. :huggy:
Oh I know! But, have you ever seen me smoke much? Or anything harsh? Mostly frou frou stuff - for that "fix" I guess. I've been smoking since I was way young and just can't and, most importantly, won't let it go. :cool:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cattitude said:
I love Alavert. I'm very sensitve to all those type of meds and one Alavert in the morning seems to do the trick and no drowsiness or the feeling I'm going 1,000 miles an hour.
That's what I take, I think, except I buy the cheaper CVS brand. I take the one that dissolves on my tongue.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Larry Gude said:

Claritin Ready Tabs...

But it takes two or three days for them to start working, when they do, it does clear me up, almost TOO well. I tend to stop taking them figuring the allergens are gone, just to be hit again in a week.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I'm like you larry, I refuse to take anything unless it is absolutely needed and I cannot stand it anymore. I never had allergies until after I was pregnant. I started taking claritin about a month ago- and it has worked wonders. 24 hours a tablet! I didnt think that was so bad. :) And they work.

ShyGirl

I am allergic to everything and take Allegra-D, Flonase, have an albuterol inhaler and get allergy shots.

For runny noses, sometimes a saline nose rinse can help a lot!