I just learned something

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was at the SFW and I picked up a corned beef. The butcher dude was standing there putting out meats, or whatever he was doing, so I asked him, "Do you suppose I could put this in the smoker and it would be good?" And he replied, "Yep - that's how pastrami is made."

I did not know that pastrami was simply a smoked corned beef! So this is what I'm going to do tonight - make pastrami!

UpChuckMan

Upper Charles County :-)
vraiblonde said:
I was at the SFW and I picked up a corned beef. The butcher dude was standing there putting out meats, or whatever he was doing, so I asked him, "Do you suppose I could put this in the smoker and it would be good?" And he replied, "Yep - that's how pastrami is made."

I did not know that pastrami was simply a smoked corned beef! So this is what I'm going to do tonight - make pastrami!
I'll take mine with swiss cheese on rye bread! :drool:

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
vraiblonde said:

Let me know what wood you use. Mesquite, Hickory or what?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
vraiblonde said:

Your place for Reubens tomorrow??

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Wanna come to an all day concert with me Saturday... My treat...:really:
I'm supposed to do Wife things Saturday, but I'm intrigued by your invitation and would love to hear more information. :smile:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:
A hanky on the wrist before the application of the rope prevents unsightly rope burns..
Not a problem -- you can hardly see the bruises through his fur.

K_Jo said:
I'm supposed to do Wife things Saturday, but I'm intrigued by your invitation and would love to hear more information. :smile:
Well, when it comes time to :gossip: him, scream that he didn't dab, make a pukey face and gagging noises then run out of the room hollering "I'm off to see kwillia! I expect you to spot treat all your drawers while I'm gone." Then come join me. :smile:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
Well, when it comes time to :gossip: him, scream that he didn't dab, make a pukey face and gagging noises then run out of the room hollering "I'm off to see kwillia! I expect you to spot treat all your drawers while I'm gone." Then come join me. :smile:
:lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
kwillia said:

:roflmao:

C

C_Jo

kwillia said:
That happens every weekend.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
kwillia said:
Oh BG, it looks like you just invited us all over for lunch tomorrow...:clap:
I'm going to be busy tomorrow cooking for a baby shower that I am co-hosting on Saturday.

How does this sound for a menu for 40?:

pepper peach chicken skewers
oriental pork purses
sesame chicken drummettes
chicken salad on mini croissants
spicy sausage in crispy won ton wrappers
horshradish-y deviled eggs
assorted cheeses and grape tray
melon bowl with watermelon balls, cantelope balls, strawberries and fresh pineapple

and for drinks for us non-pregnant wimmen, some Tiki Bar recipe MaiTai's, Kokomo's, and a few bottles of various wines

I'm open for suggestion....so if you have ideas, I'm game to hear them.

BadGirl said:
I'm going to be busy tomorrow cooking for a baby shower that I am co-hosting on Saturday.

oriental pork purses
melon bowl with watermelon balls, cantelope balls, strawberries and fresh pineapple

and for drinks for us non-pregnant wimmen, some Tiki Bar recipe MaiTai's, Kokomo's, and a few bottles of various wines

I, kwillia, would like to take you BG, to be my ever-lawful-in-Massachusetts wife, from this day forward as long as our groceries shall last.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BadGirl said:

oriental pork purses

If Bug didn't have dance stuff all day, I would crash your party, just for the food. :lmao: