Lord help me

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The Sebring is at Park Dodge because the seatbelt light and dinger keep going off. Now, when I called and explained it to the service man, he said "Oh, sounds like it has something to do with the air bag." Um, well, okay. Now they have called and told me they can't get it to go off and asked me IF I HAD MY SEATBELT ON WHEN IT WAS GOING OFF. :lmao:

Last edited:

Woodyspda

Please don't take offense.... there is most likely a switch in the seat... you may weigh just enough that the condition exists... the mechanic may weigh more or less than you. I ran into this when a friend of mine visited. We were driving down 235 and he let me know that my airbag light was going off and on..... I usually stash all of my gear on the seat and it's usually just the right weight to turn off the airbag....

You may need to go in and sit in the seat to demonstrate.

MMDad

Lem Putt
BS Gal said:
The Sebring is at Park Dodge because the seatbelt light and dinger keep going off. Now, when I called and explained it to the service man, he said "Oh, sounds like it has something to do with the air bag." Um, well, okay. Now they have called and told me they can't get it to go off and asked me IF I HAD MY SEATBELT ON WHEN IT WAS GOING OFF. :lmao:
Awwww. It sounds like they've talked to you if they're asking that. Did you have your seatbelt on? :popcorn:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Woodyspda said:
Please don't take offense.... there is most likely a switch in the seat... you may weigh just enough that the condition exists... the mechanic may weigh more or less than you. I ran into this when a friend of mine visited. We were driving down 235 and he let me know that my airbag light was going off and on..... I usually stash all of my gear on the seat and it's usually just the right weight to turn off the airbag....

Happens with hubby driving the car also and he weighs 50 pounds more than me - well, okay, maybe 40. I'm not a big fatty.

I don't have a lot of faith in Park Dodge. Last time I was there it was because the trunk would not latch. First they accused me of having "forced" it closed; then they decided that the vehicle had been in a big accident and the entire rear end had been replaced. When we proved to them it had NOT been in an accident, they were :shrug: Hubby fixed it at home by using an additional washer.

Woodyspda said:

Yeah, they probably tried one whole spin around the parking lot. It goes off intermittantly with either one of us driving and with passengers or not. They need to believe their customers and try to fix the problem.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
MMDad said:
Awwww. It sounds like they've talked to you if they're asking that. Did you have your seatbelt on? :popcorn:
:buttkick:

Yes, I had it on. All 500 times it happened.

I know EXACTLY what is going to happen with this. They won't be able to find the problem; they'll tell me it's because the vehicle has been in a horrific crash and the front end has been replaced; we'll take it home, unfixed, and DR will un-hook the sensor.

BS Gal said:
Happens with hubby driving the car also and he weighs 50 pounds more than me - well, okay, maybe 40. I'm not a big fatty.

I don't have a lot of faith in Park Dodge. Last time I was there it was because the trunk would not latch. First they accused me of having "forced" it closed; then they decided that the vehicle had been in a big accident and the entire rear end had been replaced. When we proved to them it had NOT been in an accident, they were :shrug: Hubby fixed it at home by using an additional washer.
Yeah, forcing it down on top of a large suitcase or something I think is what he said. Then went on to point out the way the trunk had become misaligned because of your abuse.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Well beat this... So I have a dash display that will tell you exactly what's wrong with the car. I got an orange warning light (which means it's nothing that requires immediate attention) and the display read "Bulb Failure: Position Indicator Light" So, I break out the manual.... There is no such light! I think it may be my side marker lights or whatever they're called. They're the only ones that seem to not light up. Sooooooo, sugarpie goes to Autozone to get said lights and has to look in the book there to make sure he gets the correct bulbs.... There are no side marker lights for an 04, only 05 and up. :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :lmao:

pixiegirl said:
Well beat this... So I have a dash display that will tell you exactly what's wrong with the car. I got an orange warning light (which means it's nothing that requires immediate attention) and the display read "Bulb Failure: Position Indicator Light" So, I break out the manual.... There is no such light! I think it may be my side marker lights or whatever they're called. They're the only ones that seem to not light up. Sooooooo, sugarpie goes to Autozone to get said lights and has to look in the book there to make sure he gets the correct bulbs.... There are no side marker lights for an 04, only 05 and up. :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :lmao:
Postion indicator light? Could that be like for the shifter or something?

MMDad

Lem Putt
BS Gal said:
:buttkick:

Yes, I had it on. All 500 times it happened.

I know EXACTLY what is going to happen with this. They won't be able to find the problem; they'll tell me it's because the vehicle has been in a horrific crash and the front end has been replaced; we'll take it home, unfixed, and DR will un-hook the sensor.
Maybe it's because of the stack of five phonebooks you have to sit on in order to see over the steering wheel? :shrug:

:poke:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
MMDad said:
Maybe it's because of the stack of five phonebooks you have to sit on in order to see over the steering wheel? :shrug:

:poke:
It's just one pillow, though I could use another two to properly see. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
kom526 said:
:lmao: You said Park Dodge and service in the same paragraph! :lmao:
:lmao:

They said it's the "pre-tensioner" in the seat belt and they don't have the part, but they'll gladly send me a card when it comes in and I can drop it off again for servicing.......and they thanked me for providing them with the same information I provided to them twice before because that really helped them solve the problem...... :jameo:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
kom526 said:
:lmao: You said Park Dodge and service in the same paragraph! :lmao:
:high5: They SO suck out loud!!! You'd have thought I would have learned after one Jeep. But noooooooooooo! :nono: I went for another! Don't get me wrong - I love Jeeps; I just wouldn't want to deal with Park Dodge again.

I'm very thankful now for a totally owned used vehicle that does not carry their emblem.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
virgovictoria said:
I'm very thankful now for a totally owned used vehicle that does not carry their emblem.
I always peel the dealer logo off my car.
Unless the offer to pay me to advertise their business, I see no reason to do so.