So my son fell at school...

camily

Peace
This was on Friday. The nurse called me that day and told me she thinks a hard piece of grass poked him in the ear. It appeared to be fine though. She checked it with an Otoscope (sp?). Caused minor pain. My son seemed fine all week until yesterday. He started complaining of ear pain. So, I called the doc and took him in this afternoon. HOLY CRAP! The kid has something imbedded in or attatched to the inside of his ear. The doctor showed me through the Otoscope (sp?) and it is HUGE. Or at least looked huge through that thing. It is way down in there and black. That is all we know. My first vision is Kwillias spider-ear-boy story. She actually thinks it might be a bug! Maybe a tick! Or a stick. Or dried blood. Who knows? Tomorrow I have to get him in to the ENT doc. Poor kid. They tried to do the flushing thing with a water pick but he screamed in pain. My heart was breaking for him. They want him to be seen by an ENT so they can numb him up good. :faint: They were afraid they would push it in further. I'm scared for him tomorrow!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Uggg do not scare him I would hate to think of him panicking all night thinking a bug is in his ear...good luck.. :huggy:

M

missperky

Awwww, good luck, I hope it's nothing. The doctor couldn't fish it out or it just hurt to much?

camily

Peace
Pasofever said:
Uggg do not scare him I would hate to think of him panicking all night thinking a bug is in his ear...good luck.. :huggy:
Oh no, he still thinks it's just a little piece of grass or maybe just a scab. Either of which could be true. I told him he'll be fine and were just going to a different doctor so they can numb it up good for him. He's ok. Scared a little, but ok.

Pandora

Which ENT are you seeing?

My oldest son shoved a rock in his ear when he was 3. Doctor Garro got it out but it was a scary experience. :jameo:

Good luck!

camily

Peace
missperky said:
Awwww, good luck, I hope it's nothing. The doctor couldn't fish it out or it just hurt to much?
Hurt too much and with him moving (ok, writhing in pain) she was afraid there would be more damage done.

camily

Peace
Pandora said:

My oldest son shoved a rock in his ear when he was 3. Doctor Garro got it out but it was a scary experience. :jameo:

Good luck!
Dr. Harris. Anyone know of him? He is at Southern Maryland Hosp. I think. He takes the insurance. One of two in the area.

M

missperky

camily said:
Dr. Harris. Anyone know of him? He is at Southern Maryland Hosp. I think. He takes the insurance. One of two in the area.

Never heard of him, I used Dr. Daly in Leonardtown and she also took out my sons tonsils in 01.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
Yick. Let us know what it was. He may have a good story to tell in years to come. :yay:
This is true. I swear, if a freakin' bug comes out I might just lose it. :lol: Maybe I should bring the camera? :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
camily said:
This is true. I swear, if a freakin' bug comes out I might just lose it. :lol: Maybe I should bring the camera? :lmao:

You are just THINKING about it...start charging the batteries tonight

meangirl

Nice lady!
Pandora said:

Good luck!

My sister saw Dr. Garro for something similar. He was excellent. :yay:

Wishing your son the best Camily. :huggy:

Pandora

One of the guys I worked with was telling me that his wife (an ER nurse at the time) had a guy in the ER at that moment with a spider in his ear. We were all laughing and kidding around about this man with a spider in his ear.

Then a few days later, the pastor at my church walked up and he was telling me his schedule was all out of whack because he was stuck in the ER 2 days prior with a spider in his ear. :lmao:

He said he could hear it walking around and everything!