Lost/Stolen Dog!!! Any help would be apprecaited!

multitaskerJuls

I have a beautiful LAB puppy that is 5 months old and I had chained her to one of our shades trees outside right next to our home because of how hot it is was yesterday. I had left the house for about 4 hours and came back home in the evening to my dog gone and the lead that she was chained to the tree gone too. She would not have run off. She is allowed to run loose while we are home and never has so much as left the yard. She would always just run and get in her crate that we left for her in the sunroom that is connected to the house. There was no sign that her cable lead had broke because the whole thing is gone and I would think that there would be something left behind if that was the case. Can someone please give me any SUGGESTIONS on what to do!?!?! I have called Animal Control and no one ever answers so I left a message. I also called the Tri County Animal Shelter in Hughesville and left a message on their answering machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have 3 very sad children wanting their puppy back. She is not microchipped. I live in Hollywood, MD on Jones Wharf Rd. near the beginning so if anyone has seen a YELLOW FEMALE LAB with a RED COLLAR and she has what appears to be black fur around her eyes and her belly is very dark, PLEASE PLEASE email me! My email address is julsbranson301@yahoo.com THANK YOU !!!!!!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Might be a long shot, but sometimes when people see dogs tied up in warm weather, they call the sheriff's office who will come out and check it out. If you didn't have food water and a shelter out, they will call animal control. I'm sure you probably had all these things, but you may want to call the sheriff's office and see if anyone may have called. If not, then I'd report the dog stolen.

multitaskerJuls

Sharon said:
Can you post a photo?

I am attempting to post a photo of her....I have never posted a pic on here so I hope this works.

Attachments

• kabota.jpg
    kabota.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 294

multitaskerJuls

Our house sits off the road quite a bit. She did have a full large size bucket of cold ice water when we left which was later in the afternoon and it is still sitting out under the tree. :( She is fed on a schedule so I just don't leave food sitting around and she had a treat which is still under the tree as well. They lead that she has on her collar in the pic is the one that she was tied to the tree with. I have canvased the neighborhood and went to the next street over and walked all over my property calling her name. No luck as of yet, I am praying that if someone does have her that they either bring her back or make sure that she is well taken care of. I am just so sad right now, I can't even think straight.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Bay_Kat said:
Might be a long shot, but sometimes when people see dogs tied up in warm weather, they call the sheriff's office who will come out and check it out. If you didn't have food water and a shelter out, they will call animal control. I'm sure you probably had all these things, but you may want to call the sheriff's office and see if anyone may have called. If not, then I'd report the dog stolen.

I agree.
Sheriff's Dept.
Then maybe check the shelter on tues.
Does sound like mischief. (stolen)

J

jp2854

What the heck are you doing leaving a dog out in the extreme heat we had yesterday?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
jp2854 said:
What the heck are you doing leaving a dog out in the extreme heat we had yesterday?
It's an animal, if it wasn't 'domesticeated' where would it have been yesterday??

Or do you have an airconditioned barn for all your local furry forest animals?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
itsbob said:
It's an animal, if it wasn't 'domesticeated' where would it have been yesterday??

Or do you have an airconditioned barn for all your local furry forest animals?
I'm an ass for stating the truth??

The dogs owner said they tied him under a shade tree, provided him with water.. Sounds like someone that cared for and loved their dog, and wanted their dog to play outside for awhile.

Dogs don't HAVE to be kept in a pristine air conditioned home.. granted I don't like dog owners that keep their dogs tied up all the time, but this doesn't sound like the case, just an owner that wanted their dog to enjoy the outdoors for a little while. Broken hearted about losing their dog, and someone comes on and insinuates that they deserved to lose their dog becasue they tied him out.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
I'm an ass for stating the truth??

The dogs owner said they tied him under a shade tree, provided him with water.. Sounds like someone that cared for and loved their dog, and wanted their dog to play outside for awhile.

Dogs don't HAVE to be kept in a pristine air conditioned home.. granted I don't like dog owners that keep their dogs tied up all the time, but this doesn't sound like the case, just an owner that wanted their dog to enjoy the outdoors for a little while. Broken hearted about losing their dog, and someone comes on and insinuates that they deserved to lose their dog becasue they tied him out.
Sawry, Bob. I don't agree. You don't leave a dog tied out on a hot day.....You leave them in the a/c house.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BS Gal said:
Sawry, Bob. I don't agree. You don't leave a dog tied out on a hot day.....You leave them in the a/c house.
It's a dog..

You don't see deer heading to Air Conditioned houses when it's hot out..

I used to live in KY.. with NO air.. and had an American FoxHound, guess where he was on the REALLY hot days. Not in the house, and he was more than happy being outside where he could see what was going on in the world instead of being cooped up in a house, and he had a run where he could move around, and not stuck in 10 X 15 foot rooms..

This dog had shade, and had water..

Have to wonder if it was a good intentioned animal lover that stole their dog.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
multitaskerJuls said:
I am attempting to post a photo of her....I have never posted a pic on here so I hope this works.
Beautiful Dog BTW.. hope you find her/ get her back..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
jp2854 said:
I'm shocked that it took 9 posts for someone to say this. I thought for sure it would be the first response. :lol:

FYI, BadGirl had her dog out all day yesterday in the 90 degree heat and it was perfectly fine. There were dogs all over Solomons this afternoon and they were holding up better than the humans.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
vraiblonde said:
I'm shocked that it took 9 posts for someone to say this. I thought for sure it would be the first response. :lol:

FYI, BadGirl had her dog out all day yesterday in the 90 degree heat and it was perfectly fine. There were dogs all over Solomons this afternoon and they were holding up better than the humans.
ANd we provided him a tractor to hide under, or an EZ-Up shelter for shade.. he was a HAPPY dog all day long.. barking and yapping at the kids running by.

slaphappynmd

vraiblonde said:

dogs are built to be outside, they were domesticated from wolves who were and still are always outdoors. If the animals had shade AND water, there should be no problem. At least they didn't have the dog locked in a roasting car, thats when it becomes a problem.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
itsbob said:
It's a dog..

You don't see deer heading to Air Conditioned houses when it's hot out..

I used to live in KY.. with NO air.. and had an American FoxHound, guess where he was on the REALLY hot days. Not in the house, and he was more than happy being outside where he could see what was going on in the world instead of being cooped up in a house, and he had a run where he could move around, and not stuck in 10 X 15 foot rooms..

This dog had shade, and had water..

Have to wonder if it was a good intentioned animal lover that stole their dog.
Bob, I had a dog too. She was kept inside and trained to not crap/piss on the rug. She was inside for 14 years. I would have NEVER left her outside, chained up, but that's just me.

Geek

I think a five month old puppy is way too young to be left outside unsupervised for four hours. Labs love to chew stuff. I would be afraid that the dog would chew threw the lead. I hope the puppy is found and returned to the owner.

multitaskerJuls

My feeling on how this has went is, people have a right to there own opinions and I respect it as that, an opinion. Thank you to everyone that has been supportive in this sad and horrible situation. FYI...My lab loves it outside, I would call her to come inside at times (even though she is an outside dog that is not chained at the neck or left in a kennel day in and day out) and she would just sit there and look at me. I want my dog back and I just thought that I would do WHATEVER it took to get the word out there. Thanks again for everyones help and suggestions. I will be going door to door tomorrow morning in hopes that everyone will be home due to the holiday and I pray that one of my neighbors has her. I also am in the process of making flyers to pass out as well. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!! BLESS OUR TROOPS!!