brewing beer at home

male20674

I am very interested in beginnning to brew my own beer. Has anyone ever home brewed before? Is it tricky to get into? :cheers:

male20674 said:
I am very interested in beginnning to brew my own beer. Has anyone ever home brewed before? Is it tricky to get into? :cheers:
Not if you brew it in a a large enough container. :lmao:
Actually, no, never did. I will help you test it though.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
male20674 said:

:elaine:

The Brewing Guide (Beer Machine) :yay:

Attachments

• beermachine2000.bmp
    210.3 KB · Views: 168

Dukesdad

unixpirate said:
I've got a batch of Lager in the fridge right now. :yum:

:cheers:

Have the 3 American Beers on order. Plus the fill kit and 15 bottles.
WGAF about your beer? How about getting that still going and running me a batch of WT??? :howdy:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
desertrat said:
Not if you brew it in a a large enough container. :lmao:
Actually, no, never did. I will help you test it though.
You've never been invited to "Test" practice-run home brews before, have you?

:lmao:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Dukesdad said:
WGAF about your beer? How about getting that still going and running me a batch of WT??? :howdy:

The still in Hollywood is rockin'. Don't come a knockin' :smack:

:cheers:

Oh and that shiat is about 17 days old. :yum:

limblips

PREMO Member
Brewing is not "black magic"! Get a good starter kit (google it). The key is to keep everything sterile, (bad microbes make skanky beer)! Don't expect it to taste like a mass produced domestic beer. It will have more of a european flavor and is enjoyed a chilled vice cold temps. Go for it!

greggor

A good place start is here: www.howtobrew.com. Johns a great guy and I highly recommend you read his book before you get started. Stay away from kits like Mr. Beer and the Beer machine if your serious about truly learning how to make beer.

I've been brewing for about 8 years and can definately answer any questions you may have regarding the best way to get started. One of my favorite online homebrew suppliers is click here. Northern brewer also has a forum where you can get some very quick answers to very common questions.

Be carefull this a great hobby, before you know it you could be buying 50 pound sacks of grain and kegging.

flyingdog

HopHead said:
Southern Maryland homebrewers unite! We should look at starting a brew club.

Agreed! We have not brewed but would consider. We do have a kegerator. Hophead what IPA do you like best that one could get locally?

HopHead

Be careful! Brewing can quickly become an obsession. As for IPA's, it is difficult around here for really good ones. So far I'm sticking with Magic Hat's #9, which you can get in a keg locally. My all time favorites are Pike's and Stone.

ylexot

Super Genius
Somebody was telling me that they used to have "brew parties"...brewers get together and brew a batch (or several batches). When that beer is ready, they have another party to brew the next batch(es) and sample the new beer(s).

Anybody interested? I haven't brewed in a couple years...

Geek

It can be messy, but makes the house smell so good. Have beer on hand when brewing your first batch, you will want one :cheers:

HopHead

ylexot said:
Somebody was telling me that they used to have "brew parties"...brewers get together and brew a batch (or several batches). When that beer is ready, they have another party to brew the next batch(es) and sample the new beer(s).

Anybody interested? I haven't brewed in a couple years...

That's exactly what I'm talking about!! Nothing formal. Those health nuts have running and biking clubs, why not a brew club for us enthusiasts?
BTW Geek, I got bannished to the back yard about ten seconds after my first boilover.

Geek

HopHead said:
That's exactly what I'm talking about!! Nothing formal. Those health nuts have running and biking clubs, why not a brew club for us enthusiasts?
BTW Geek, I got bannished to the back yard about ten seconds after my first boilover.

:high5:

Tomcat

Anytime
There used to be a place up near Annapolis ( I think) where you could go to a school and learn to brew your own beer. You paid for the supplies, brewed it, then went back to bottle it. Did a quick google on Maryland homebrew and nothing looked familiar, however here are some local links for supplies Annapolis home brew and Maryland homebrew ( Columbia ) A couple years ago someone opened a homebrew shop in the Leonardtown area but don't know what ever happened to it.