Help finding fuel pressure!!!

Cowgirl

BF just called from work...he asked me to look up the correct fuel pressure reading for a 1998 Ford E-350 van....anyone know where to find it? I couldn't find it online. He might just have to call a dealer...but I wanted to know if someone could find it first. TIA!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Not knowing all the specifics for that model and type engine the typical SFI 5.0 V-8 has a pressure regulator that reduces fuel pressure to 39-40 psi under normal operating conditions. At idle or high manifold vacuum condition, fuel pressure is further reduced to approximately 30 psi.

Cowgirl

Ken King said:
Not knowing all the specifics for that model and type engine the typical SFI 5.0 V-8 has a pressure regulator that reduces fuel pressure to 39-40 psi under normal operating conditions. At idle or high manifold vacuum condition, fuel pressure is further reduced to approximately 30 psi.

Thanks Ken....do you happen to know what it is for a 5.4 manifold engine? He said that's why he's having a hard time finding what it is. :love:

Midnightrider

Cowgirl said:
Thanks Ken....do you happen to know what it is for a 5.4 manifold engine? He said that's why he's having a hard time finding what it is. :love:
did you not see the first few words where he said "not knowing the specifics for that model and engine type" part?

Cowgirl

Midnightrider said:
did you not see the first few words where he said "not knowing the specifics for that model and engine type" part?

I did see that...that is why I wrote back that it is a 5.4, not a 5.0. :rolleyes: BF didn't tell me that it was a 5.4 until I told what Ken said.

Cowgirl

Midnightrider said:
i dont want to start a fight, but he said he didn't know for that model or engine type...... :buttkick:

:smack:

I took his comment to mean he didn't know which engine I was asking about...seeing as how I didn't post specifics in my first post....I just asked about a 1998 e-350 van. :shrug: