Why would she say this?

kalmd

The last day of school is Friday (1/2 days Wed - Fri). My son is in 6th grade, and he said the lady who monitors their lunch period told them they really didn't have to come to school this week, that it was their choice. So of course my son is bugging me to let him stay home because they really don't even have to go. I told him he is going and if they didn't need to go to school this week, then they would have made the last day of school last week.

Doesn't the lady realize when you say this to a bunch of 6th graders they're going to bug their parents to be able to stay home?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kalmd said:
Doesn't the lady realize when you say this to a bunch of 6th graders they're going to bug their parents to be able to stay home?
I usually let me daughter stay home the last day. There's really no sense in going when all they do is sit and watch movies. :shrug:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
cattitude said:
Do you know for a fact that she said that?

:yeahthat: Sounds like maybe the 6th graders are getting a little ansy...:lmao:

Is this at Margaret Brent? Their graduation is Friday. :shrug:

kalmd

That's what my son said. I doubt he'd just make it up. I looked the school website and the lady's title is "Hall Monitor", so it's not a teacher.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Mine are looking forward to the last day precisely because they don't do anything. It's a big social day for all 3 but Boy 2 and Girl also have awards day.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
kalmd said:
That's what my son said. I doubt he'd just make it up. I looked the school website and the lady's title is "Hall Monitor", so it's not a teacher.

Oh. Well, heck, that makes everything different. After all, she IS the Hall Monitor, so she should know. :sarcasm:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
nachomama said:
:yeahthat: Sounds like maybe the 6th graders are getting a little ansy...:lmao:

Is this at Margaret Brent? Their graduation is Friday. :shrug:
LMS is done on Friday too. I think the oldest is watching movies Thursday and Friday. I'm making her go because I'm mean and evil. :evil:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bresamil said:
Mine are looking forward to the last day precisely because they don't do anything. It's a big social day for all 3 but Boy 2 and Girl also have awards day.

Same with my youngest. It's awards day, and half the kids in the school are coming back to my house for a pool party. :jameo: :thankgoditsasmallschool:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kalmd said:

But did she say it? :lol:

kalmd

nachomama said:
Oh. Well, heck, that makes everything different. After all, she IS the Hall Monitor, so she should know. :sarcasm:

I meant it would be worse if a teacher was telling her students they really didn't have to come to school this week.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
nachomama said:
Same with my youngest. It's awards day, and half the kids in the school are coming back to my house for a pool party. :jameo: :thankgoditsasmallschool:
I used to host all the heathens, then I changed my strategy from Import to Export. :lol:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
bresamil said:
I used to host all the heathens, then I changed my strategy from Import to Export. :lol:

I'm the one with the big pool, and since his birthday is this week, I just do a "last day of school/birthday party" and I'm done with it. :lmao:

BillnChristi

Mine attends or attended LES and their graduation was Yesterday. She also came home saying the same thing and that it didn't matter whether they came on Thurs or Fri. My wife called the school and it was confirmed. They did NOT need to attend but they would be marked absent those days. The only thing is that we will have to go to her school between 1:30 and 4:00 pm on Friday to pick up her report card and anything she left in the classroom. So we decided to let her start her summer vacation early and let her go with her father since he was down for her graduation anyways and it saved us a trip meeting in Annapolis like we do every other weekend.

J

julz20684

Tinkerbell said:
LMS is done on Friday too. I think the oldest is watching movies Thursday and Friday. I'm making her go because I'm mean and evil. :evil:

I was going to let my Frick and Frack stay home, but since Frick clocked Frack upside the head with her phone; well she's going. :killingme