Crib extenders?

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Does anyone know if they make anything to make crib rails higher? My daughter keeps jumping out of her crib and hurting herself. I have taken the side off one crib and turned it in to a toddler bed, but then she keeps banging her head (very hard) on both the door and walls. Any suggestions on how to make bed time a little easier?

--J

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Not quite two. The problem with a matress on the floor is just like the daybed, she will continue to bang her head on the walls and kick the walls.

maxima87 said:
Not quite two. The problem with a matress on the floor is just like the daybed, she will continue to bang her head on the walls and kick the walls.

does't this happen w/ the crib rails as well? :shrug: Have you let the mattress all the way down? She must be a tall 2 year old. Or else mine is very short. :lol: What about those covers they sell so the cat's won't jump into the cribs.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
I have actually watched the crib climbing process. Cat covers--I had not heard of those. I will have to see what I can find. My main concern is her saftey---and the way her head is being banged around cannot be good.

sockgirl77

My son banged his head on the walls a few times. Guess it hurt the last time and he never did it again. Why not put pillows on the bed on that wall?

E

(((echo)))

sockgirl77 said:
My son banged his head on the walls a few times. Guess it hurt the last time and he never did it again. Why not put pillows on the bed on that wall?
take her advise...she has allready birthed half a football team :lol:

J/K lymi

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Have you considered a dog crate? They can be had in sizes pretty close to that of a toddler bed and the newer "travel" crates are soft sided. I.e. ya don't have to worry about baby wacking his head against the wall repeatedly.

Plus, once he's old enough to figure out the latch you can just put a lock on it and keep using it.

:yay:

sockgirl77

Lugnut said:
Have you considered a dog crate? They can be had in sizes pretty close to that of a toddler bed and the newer "travel" crates are soft sided. I.e. ya don't have to worry about baby wacking his head against the wall repeatedly.

Plus, once he's old enough to figure out the latch you can just put a lock on it and keep using it.

:lmao:

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
sockgirl77 said:

I wish! Everything that gets put in that crib gets thrown out. Even the fitted sheet.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
Lugnut said:

Yup...My son said something about that last night. He suggested a trip to PetCo today.

maxima87 said:
Have you ever used this? I am wondering how she would do, I have a play pen that zips into a dome and she hates it.

Sorry, both my boys have never climbed out of their cribs. :lol:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
maxima87 said:
Yup...My son said something about that last night. He suggested a trip to PetCo today.

I would recommend NOT mentioning it's for your kid. That might have some negative responses and/or consequences. We'll keep that secret between you and I. :wink:

sockgirl77

maxima87 said:
My son climbed out of this crib at 16 months. I put him in a twin bed with the rail on it. He climbed out a few times but got used to it. :yay: