Pinks All Out

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
MIR Racing presents
PINKS ALL OUT
Saturday, June 9, 2007

Rich Christensen and Team PINKS will select 16 killer racers to compete for an $18,000 Heads-Up, Run-What-Ya-Brung, Let’s-Get-Ugly, Shootout, Showdown!

Tonight is the pre-quals. Should be some really nice cars showing up. I can't wait and hopefully the t-storm they are calling for will hold out until after midnight.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
carie_47421 said:
My Boss Is In This..should Be Really Exciting Cant Wait Cant Wait!!!!!!
What's he driving? I love fast cars and especially ones that come up off the ground. Absolutely revs me up! :lmao:

sockgirl77

Pinks All Out...

Horse Riding God is going to be sorry to hear that. He was hoping to get some horsey chick pink. :ohwell:

M

missperky

I know a few people that wanted to enter this, but their cars are too fast.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Softballkid said:
If they don't have atleast 20 or more in the class, they have no chance of being on the show....not enough drivers means : No sweat 16, no elite 8..etc..etc..

so they have to do classes that have more cars in them...plus, more cars = better comp.
I know there are not many running in the 8's locally but I heard they are coming from all over.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
mygoldnhorse said:
I know there are not many running in the 8's locally but I heard they are coming from all over.

Now, lets also look at another thing... COST.....

Is 18g's worth blowing a 20g engine, or wrecking a car worth 40g's or more...To me, not really...

maybe a little tv time, but the chances of destroying your car sometimes isn't worth the prize money... then on top of that, why risk tearing up the car, when you may or may not get selected to be on tv...

A lot of pro's and con's by doing this on Saturday....

Either way, shouldbe some excellent racing :yay:

As for people coming from all over, they were taking 350 cars, the first 350 cars to call/sign up.....it fille din 20 minutes... chances are, the real fast boys, didn't even have time to hear about this and then enter...

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Softballkid said:

Is 18g's worth blowing a 20g engine, or wrecking a car worth 40g's or more...To me, not really...

maybe a little tv time, but the chances of destroying your car sometimes isn't worth the prize money... then on top of that, why risk tearing up the car, when you may or may not get selected to be on tv...

A lot of pro's and con's by doing this on Saturday....

Either way, shouldbe some excellent racing :yay:

As for people coming from all over, they were taking 350 cars, the first 350 cars to call/sign up.....it fille din 20 minutes... chances are, the real fast boys, didn't even have time to hear about this and then enter...

This evening's qualifications should be interesting with the temperature outside in the 90's. The cars seem to get pretty bogged down when its this hot out especially sense we are suppose to get some rain later... But you are so right about some excellent racing :yay: Gotta stop and get some budlight and ice and I'll be set!

M

missperky

mygoldnhorse said:

I know some guys here in St Mary's that run under 8.

M

missperky

mygoldnhorse said:
Do you know the guy that drives the blue 68 Camaro? Awesome ride!

I think 2 of them drive mustangs. One just broke the track record at MRI not long ago.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Softballkid said:

And just how many races offer larger pots for hobbyist? What's the point of putting that amount of money into something if you are scared to use it?

missperky said:
Anybody know who won..:shrug:

don't remember his name, but it was a little s-10 pick-up truck. I think he was from Gambrills. :shrug: The mustang he was up against broke his driveshaft on the first race of three.

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
It was pretty cool and the kids liked it. Damn long walk back to the truck though. We ended up leaving before the final 4 cars so we didnt have to wait 20 years getting out of that place.