Two Great Car Care Products

C

czygvtwkr

I spend an entire day washing/cleaning my car and found two great products that can make a car look as new as possible.

For the paint Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay bar will remove every bit of oxidization from the paint as well as any sap, bird dropping stains, and swirl marks. I have a black car too so these things show up something fierce and this stuff made my paint look great. Its easy on and off too. About $15 a bottle but there is enough to do 10+ cars.

For plastic such as clear plastic headlights or sunroofs that have yellowed and gotten cloudy Mequires Plastix. It made my headlights crystal clear again instead of cloudy with a yellow tint. About $8 a bottle but there is probably enough to do 100 headlight lenses.

C

czygvtwkr

Advance Auto but I believe that its sold at places like Walmart and Target too.

car care products

czygvtwkr said:
I spend an entire day washing/cleaning my car and found two great products that can make a car look as new as possible.

For the paint Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay bar will remove every bit of oxidization from the paint as well as any sap, bird dropping stains, and swirl marks. I have a black car too so these things show up something fierce and this stuff made my paint look great. Its easy on and off too. About $15 a bottle but there is enough to do 10+ cars.

For plastic such as clear plastic headlights or sunroofs that have yellowed and gotten cloudy Mequires Plastix. It made my headlights crystal clear again instead of cloudy with a yellow tint. About $8 a bottle but there is probably enough to do 100 headlight lenses.

Do you think it would work on temporary paint? That stuff that kids use to paint team names, or "Go Class of blahdeblah"? It's supposed to wash off easily but even after repeated scrubbing there are still some remnants of it.

M

Mousebaby

What about dried on, cooked on bug guts? Do you think it will get that off? :popcorn:

C

czygvtwkr

You have to wash the car first, of course.

The Liquid Clay Bar literally took everything off my car that washing and waxing didn't do before. The car was new in 2001 and was kept outside for its first 5 years but I did take reasonable care of it. After using this my paint is "naked" and ready for a good waxing now.

It couldn't hurt to try it on that temporary paint. According to the website it can be used to remove paint overspray.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,4

shopgirl

missperky said:
Turtle Wax Ice is also good. :yay:

After my husband came home with a new car for me 2 months ago ( which I felt I did not need. My chevy is still a great car. ) I came across in Wal-Mart Turtle Ice to wash my car with.The only thing I will use on my new car. This product is the best. It takes dirt an bugs off the car. Worth the price.
Has this been out for a while? I just never seen it before.

M

missperky

shopgirl said:
After my husband came home with a new car for me 2 months ago ( which I felt I did not need. My chevy is still a great car. ) I came across in Wal-Mart Turtle Ice to wash my car with.The only thing I will use on my new car. This product is the best. It takes dirt an bugs off the car. Worth the price.
Has this been out for a while? I just never seen it before.

I believe it's new.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I have not tried any of the Liquid Clay yet. To be honest I doubt I will. That does not fit in with my understanding of what the clay should be doing. I use clay in the solid form. If the liquid gets similar results, great. I have been using clay in the solid form for a number of years and it works wonders.

I am a Meguiar's fan and if they ever come out with a liquid clay I'll give it a shot.

I will be claying a Black '03 Silverado this evening if all goes well and will using the solid clay. This truck was actually bought new and was used as a work truck until now so I am curious as to how the clay will help it out as I am used to claying very well kept vehicles.

Here is a neat trick to keep in mind when using clay.
1. Spray a little bit of Spray Quick Detailer on a small area of your hood.
2. Feel that area with your bare hand. Will likely feel relatively smooth but you will feel a few little bumps.
4. Now put a ziplock baggie over your hand and feel the area with your hand in the ziplock baggie.
3. Spray the area again with the Spray Quick Detailer.
4. Clay the area per the instructions on your particular products of choice for clay.
5. Wipe off the residual Spray Detailer.
6. Spray some fresh Spray Detailer on the area
7. Feel it with your bare hand again.
8. Now feel it with the ziplock baggie over your hand again.

The difference in feel should be obvious. I don't know what it is about the ziplock baggie but for some reason it makes anything stuck to your paint times ten times more noticable to the touch.

I do alot of detailing as a hobby. I usually invite friend's over and we spend a few days on their cars. We always wash first, then clay, then I will hit it with the rotary buffer and/or Dual Action Polisher as needed with an assortment of Cleaners, Cleaner Polishes, Pure Polishes and then a couple of coats of sealants or wax. But claying is key. The prep work done to the car is 90% or what makes a cars finish look great. And claying is an important part in my detailing routine.

I use the little test laid out about to determine whether or not a car needs to be clayed. If after feeling the paint with my hand I find it to be perfectly smooth. I may be aboe to skip the claying. But as a general rule I find that only happens on vehicles that are garage kept weeknd only type cars. Daily driven cars, especially ungaraged ones usually need to be clayed unless you are a nut like me and wax once a week.