Cleanse Diet (Lemonwater Fast)

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Has anyone tried the "Cleanse Diet" where you eat or drink nothing but lemonwater with maple syrup and cayenne pepper in it for a week?

Common sense dictates that you'd have to lose some weight by not eating for a week; but I'm wondering just how well it works, and if it's possible to sustain it while simultaneously working a full time job and managing a family and household.

It's been six months and I'm still 20lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight...so I'm getting desperate enough to try it.

I

Inkpen

Lemon..Vit. C
Maple Syrup..fast acting carbs (sugar)
Pepper..makes you vomit after injesting..
Yup..you can loose weight this way..and throw your body outta wack..

Just cut back on your carbs and increase your water intake..
Eat complex carbs..
and you will loose 20 pounds in a couple of months.

I know there are others here who will offer their experience in proper and safe weight loss.
Good luck...Ah....ah...chooooooo........... :howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
After one day of nothing but lemon water with syrup and cayenne, you'd be so hungry you'd gnaw your own arm off right before you passed out. That can't be good for you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
After one day of nothing but lemon water with syrup and cayenne, you'd be so hungry you'd gnaw your own arm off right before you passed out. That can't be good for you.
:howdy: Nice to see you today!

I should act like that scary voice in your head more often. :lol:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Club'nBabySeals said:
Has anyone tried the "Cleanse Diet" where you eat or drink nothing but lemonwater with maple syrup and cayenne pepper in it for a week?

Common sense dictates that you'd have to lose some weight by not eating for a week; but I'm wondering just how well it works, and if it's possible to sustain it while simultaneously working a full time job and managing a family and household.

It's been six months and I'm still 20lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight...so I'm getting desperate enough to try it.
That sounds like a joke. I'll tell you what, not to be gross, but that diet would last as long as it took you to take a crap. Fire in hell would feel better.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I think it was grade b maple syrup that I was on the hunt for about 3 months ago. Couldn't find it locally except one guy in District Hts who was moving his store to NW DC. Other than that you have to buy it off of the net.

I decided against it, they say you need to do it for 20 days to see a result and I don't have that amount of leave from work which is what you will need to be on in order to let it "work" it's diet magic on you.

Do keep me posted. :flowers:

T

tikipirate

All of this sounds similar to what a 'holistic medicine' friend of mine used to recommend;

Fast for several days, drinking nothing but apple juice. This will build up an enormous amount of bile in your gall bladder. Then jet down a shot of olive oil. The bile will expode into your GI tract and you will 'cleanse' your colon.

Good luck with that.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Club'nBabySeals said:

:yikes: As I can empathize the desire to jump start a weight loss with signifigant results, I fear that anything that limits your nutrient intake for seven days so significantly, without being against your will, could not be good for you.

Not being a mother, I cannot truly relate to the amount of energy it requires to care for a six-month old, but I imagine if you were sick and couldn't eat for a week, it would be difficult, if not damned exhausting to keep up.

Now, I know a week is a week is a week. But, why not use one of the tried and truer alternatives? Many have done well on the South Beach or Atkins approach. And not to be gross, but you can use some of the "cleansing" teas before you start to detoxify. As long as you are cleared, medically.

Simply said, it'll be a much longer process than a week and your life demands are bigger than your weight concerns, realistically. From what I understand, you allow nine months to put on baby weight, you're supposed to allow yourself the time to healthfully restore yourself to your body's desired weight. Right?

I'm a huge advocate of finding what works - and it should be something that you can use to lose, maintain or gain, if need be. Struggling sucks. :huggy:

sockgirl77

I did South Beach after both of my pregnancies. Lost all "baby weight" and any excess. After #1 I lost 63 pounds in 6 months. After #2 I lost 30 in 4 months. It was easy for me because I am diabetic and it is an insulin resistance diet. My doctor recomended it to me. I will be on it for the rest of my life. :yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
3 or 4 friends tried this..NON made it past day 2 and had headaches and it made them sick..NO doubt if you did the 7 days you would loose weight..

B

Big Fatty

Club'nBabySeals said:

Holy crap! I sincerely hope you are smart enough not to do this. I emphathize with the desire to lose weight post-pregnancy. Lord knows I dealt with some serious stuff with my wife after the birth of our daughter.
Now, some questions. Are you still breastfeeding? I assume no because you are considering this diet. Are you doing any exercise now? If no, then start. What does your diet look like now? If it is crap, then fix that 1st. Once you start a diet like above, stop it, resume old eating habits; you'll gain the weight you lost right back.
Some people recommend these type of "blowout, starvation" type diets to "cleanse" the body. :bs: :bs: How about they are hormonal suicide!!
I wish you luck Club because losing weight is a marathon not a sprint.

Geek

Club'nBabySeals said:

Any time I get the urge to lose 20 pounds I put on a really good bra and bright lipstick. Then I make sure to get laid that night.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, a six month old baby makes the perfect weight to work out. Swing him around and do presses to tone your arms; lay on your back with baby on your chest and do sit ups for abs of steel; still on your back bring your knees to your chest and hold baby so your feet are on his stomach and to leg presses - the possiblities are endless.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Club'nBabySeals said:
If all you care about is quick weight loss and don't mind the fact that the diet is dangerous, there is a more effective way. Go to the drug store, get a bottle of Fleet Phospho-soda, and follow the directions. It is impossible to cleanse yourself better than that.

Of course, the weight will come right back, just like for any diet where you don't learn to change the way you eat and excercise.

vraiblonde said:

hmm how many carbs do u reckon' are in an arm?? :lmao:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Can't say I'm overly surprised by the responses... :razz:

I had success with Adkins about two years ago (I dropped 40lbs in about six months and was able to keep the majority of it off up until I got knocked up); but I feel like I need something to kick it into gear this time around--hence, my brainstorming about the "cleanse diet". Obviously it's not good for my body, but neither is 30% body fat. I gained over 60lbs with my pregnancy, and although I have a healthy baby girl to show for it, I'm just too young to look like this.

Exercise doesn't work for me. I walk about a mile each day when the weather is nice, but otherwise it isn't something I have the time or inclination to utilize to a greater level. I just don't enjoy being sweaty and gross.

W

wileyCoyote

Club'nBabySeals said:
Can't say I'm overly surprised by the responses... :razz:

I had success with Adkins about two years ago (I dropped 40lbs in about six months and was able to keep the majority of it off up until I got knocked up); but I feel like I need something to kick it into gear this time around--hence, my brainstorming about the "cleanse diet". Obviously it's not good for my body, but neither is 30% body fat. I gained over 60lbs with my pregnancy, and although I have a healthy baby girl to show for it, I'm just too young to look like this.

Exercise doesn't work for me. I walk about a mile each day when the weather is nice, but otherwise it isn't something I have the time or inclination to utilize to a greater level. I just don't enjoy being sweaty and gross.

I will admit I am not a complete expert on this but....

Excercise involves effort, hence if its in the 80's or better then you should be sweating. If you aren't then you are most definitely not getting your heart rate up. Not to be mean (and I will be making the numbers up since I don't know you), but if you take 30 mins to an hour to walk a mile then you aren't getting a whole lot out of it.

From a calorie intake POV most people seem to really get hurt by the extra calories from snacking. To counter this at work we are actually working as a team with a bunch of usl bringing in fruit and encouraging each other to eat it instead of the candy.

Good luck with your goals, there is a quite a few here trying to lose weight and I am sure that they will be more than willing to be supportive.