Tuff Truck

Cowgirl

I'm going to be competing this summer. I'm looking for a truck to use...preferrably a 2WD Ranger. I've never competed in Tuff Truck before....has anyone here ever done it? Any suggestions? Anything I should know? :flowers:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Cowgirl said:
I'm going to be competing this summer. I'm looking for a truck to use...preferrably a 2WD Ranger. I've never competed in Tuff Truck before....has anyone here ever done it? Any suggestions? Anything I should know? :flowers:
I've got a built up Blazer, 38" Swampers, 4.56 gears, Corvette Motor, Built Up Trans, heavy duty cooling system. :yay: You could buy it and modify a bit to compete.

You want a 2wd for a tuff truck competition?

Cowgirl

Magnum said:
I've got a built up Blazer, 38" Swampers, 4.56 gears, Corvette Motor, Built Up Trans, heavy duty cooling system. :yay: You could buy it and modify a bit to compete.

You want a 2wd for a tuff truck competition?

:nono: Chevys...:lol: Your truck is too big. I want a Ranger because the track is relatively small...it's not like it's an outside course. Well, it's outside, but the track isn't all that big, so a small truck will come in handy. They have 2WD and 4WD classes...and there's not going to be any mud, so I figured I'd do the 2WD class.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Cowgirl said:
:nono: Chevys...:lol: Your truck is too big. I want a Ranger because the track is relatively small...it's not like it's an outside course. Well, it's outside, but the track isn't all that big, so a small truck will come in handy. They have 2WD and 4WD classes...and there's not going to be any mud, so I figured I'd do the 2WD class.
No Mud :faint:

My truck isn't too big.... perfect for running the little trucks off the track :lmao:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Cowgirl said:
So, how much do you want for that Festiva? :tap: Does it run? What year? What size engine?
Well thats the car I gave to my Niece. She lives up in PA and has not picked it up yet...... after 2 years :lmao: I think we are going to give it to my other niece who is turning 16 in a few months.

When I gave her the car I told her the only catch was if she did not want it that she had to check and see if anyone else in the family needed it before she sold it, and that she could only sell it for whatever money she put into it to the family.

Cowgirl

Magnum said:
Well thats the car I gave to my Niece. She lives up in PA and has not picked it up yet...... after 2 years :lmao: I think we are going to give it to my other niece who is turning 16 in a few months.

When I gave her the car I told her the only catch was if she did not want it that she had to check and see if anyone else in the family needed it before she sold it, and that she could only sell it for whatever money she put into it to the family.

Oh man! :ohwell: Tell her I'll test it out to make sure it's tuff enough for her...and I'll give it a custom paint job. :jet:

centsless

DVC008531.jpg

This is the Ranger that I used for tuff truck racing for 4 or 5 years. It has been a good little truck.I run 2wd and 4wd in several places in PA. I now have 2 jeep cherokees that I race and a friend of mine runs the ranger. Where is the tuff truck event that you want to run in?

Cowgirl

centsless said:
DVC008531.jpg

This is the Ranger that I used for tuff truck racing for 4 or 5 years. It has been a good little truck.I run 2wd and 4wd in several places in PA. I now have 2 jeep cherokees that I race and a friend of mine runs the ranger. Where is the tuff truck event that you want to run in?

Great pic! It's at Buck Motorsports Park. Where was that picture taken?

centsless

That picture was taken on the back stretch at the Buck a couple of years ago
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?albumId=51458.1456.1171731421418.1
this is some other other pics of my stuff.(except the rolled over jeep)
At the Buck the shortest wheelbase possible works the best. A festiva would perform quite well there but will land a little harder then a ranger because of less suspension travel.There is a tuff truck and Mud Bog there this weekend.
We will be there. I have finished 2nd in the 4wd points standings 2 years in a row. I am hoping to do one better this year.

Cowgirl

centsless said:
That picture was taken on the back stretch at the Buck a couple of years ago
http://pictures.aol.com/ap/myAlbums.do?albumId=51458.1456.1171731421418.1
this is some other other pics of my stuff.(except the rolled over jeep)
At the Buck the shortest wheelbase possible works the best. A festiva would perform quite well there but will land a little harder then a ranger because of less suspension travel.There is a tuff truck and Mud Bog there this weekend.
We will be there. I have finished 2nd in the 4wd points standings 2 years in a row. I am hoping to do one better this year.

I thought the track looked like Buck. I am pretty sure we are going this weekend! We wanted to see the tuff truck and mud bog. Who knows, after I see Tuff Truck I may not want to do it anymore! :lmao: It seems like it would be fun. If you're going to be at Buck this weekend, let me know what you're driving so I can cheer you on!

centsless

It actually worked the total opposite for me.Once I drove in a tuff truck race I don't ever want to be a spectator again. LOTS of fun.
I will be driving 2 identical Jeep Cherokees 1 two wheel drive and 1 4wd.
Just like my avatar pic. Black and white with police lights and strobe lights.They are pretty hard to miss. My Ranger will be there too with a friend of mine driving.They will only allow one driver per truck or I would offer you it for a run.

Attachments

• 4-23-07%20020%20%28Small%29[1].jpg
    4-23-07%20020%20%28Small%29[1].jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: