Somebody said...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby . . . .somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, normal is history.

Somebody said you learn how to be a mother by instinct . . . .somebody never took a three-year-old shopping.

Somebody said being a mother is boring . . . .. somebody never rode in a car driven by a teenager with a driver's permit.

Somebody said if you're a "good" mother, your child will "turn out good"... somebody thinks a child comes with directions and a guarantee.

Somebody said "good" mothers never raise their voices . . ..somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window.

Somebody said you don't need an education to be a mother... somebody never helped a fourth grader with his math.

Somebody said you can't love the fifth child as much as you love the first ..somebody doesn't have five children.

Somebody said a mother can find all the answers to her child-rearing questions in the books . . . somebody never had a child stuff beans up his nose.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a mother is labor and delivery ...somebody never watched her "baby" get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten.

Somebody said a mother can do her job with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back ...somebody never organized seven giggling Brownies to sell cookies.

Somebody said a mother can stop worrying after her child gets married...somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a new son or daughter-in-law to a mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a mother's job is done when her last child leaves home...somebody never had grandchildren.

Somebody said your mother knows you love her, so you don't need to tell her . . . somebody isn't a mother.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
This one is for you Mig...

Before I Was A Dog Mom
by Carol Wat

Before I was a Dog Mom:

I made and ate hot meals unmolested.

I had unstained, unfurred clothes.

I had quiet conversations on the phone, even if the doorbell rang.

Before I was a Dog Mom:

I slept as late as I wanted

And never worried about how late I got to bed

Or if I could get into my bed.

Before I was a Dog Mom:

I cleaned my house every day.

I never tripped over toys, stuffies, chewies

Or invited the neighbor's dog over to play.

Before I was a Dog Mom:

I didn't worry if my plants, cleansers, plastic bags,toilet paper, soap or deodorant were poisonous or dangerous.

Before I was a Dog Mom:

I had never been peed on

Pooped on

Drooled on

Chewed on

Or pinched by puppy teeth.

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
This is really good and very true!!

Amazing how all your children can be so different and you can still love them the same but accept the differences. My oldest has been a breeze. My youngest is a pistol and is always into something.:smile: Just yesterday the little nut stuck a bead up her nose!:biggrin: I almost had a panic attack!:lmao:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Just yesterday the little nut stuck a bead up her nose!:biggrin: I almost had a panic attack!:lmao:
My nephew stuck a rice krispie up his nose and had to go to the doc to get it out because it was really UP there. :roflmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: This one is for you Mig...

Originally posted by Sharon
I didn't worry if my plants, cleansers, plastic bags,toilet paper, soap or deodorant were poisonous or dangerous.
[/B]
Especially true - I got to use my charcoal tabs on him once (messy nasty experience) cause he ate a plant that was listed as "mildly poisonous". Of course my dawg is like a kid, if he is gonna:barf: he makes sure to do it on me.:rolleyes: I am soo loved.
Thank you Sharon :smooch:

J

justhangn

My nephew stuck a rice krispie up his nose and had to go to the doc to get it out because it was really UP there. :roflmao:

My son stuck a rolled up piece of foil from a piece of gum up his nose......it took the Dr's at the ER just 15 minutes to retrieve it. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Re: This one is for you Mig...

Originally posted by migtig
Especially true - I got to use my charcoal tabs on him once (messy nasty experience) cause he ate a plant that was listed as "mildly poisonous".

Hey Mig, did ya know that peroxide is the Ipecac for dogs? Just a few teaspoons will do the trick!!!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Re: Re: Re: This one is for you Mig...

Originally posted by cattitude
Hey Mig, did ya know that peroxide is the Ipecac for dogs? Just a few teaspoons will do the trick!!!
Really?! Promise? Cause anything has got to be better than that dang charcoal.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I just hope I don't have to make the made dash to ER again on Mother's Day this year. Hubby had a kidney stone. :yikes:

SxyPrincess

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal after you've had a baby . . . .somebody doesn't know that once you're a mother, normal is history.

I was able to walk out of the hospital the next day wearing my jeans...buttoned! :razz:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Somebody said...

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
I was able to walk out of the hospital the next day wearing my jeans...buttoned! :razz:

Well, they WERE maternity jeans. :duh: