When you were a kid:

Did your parents condone your teenage partying?

• Parents knew I did it but didn't condone it

Votes: 27 35.5%
  • Parents used to buy us alcohol and get hammered with us

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Parents would have killed me if they caught me partying

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • I didn't party as a teenager

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did your parents know you drank/partied and condone it, or did you have to sneak around?

Poll coming....

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Don't forget...

vraiblonde said:
Did your parents know you drank/partied and condone it, or did you have to sneak around?

Poll coming....

...to add 'turned a blind eye' as a choice.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't see...

...a choice for 'turning a blind eye'. That would be 'not condone but accepted that it happened and took no steps to shut it down at other places.'

That would be most parents in Laurel; Don't get in trouble. Moderation is acceptable. Not in our house.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My Mom probably knew I did it to some extent but I had to be vewwy caweful not to get caught or she'd make me call my grandfather.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
The one time I got busted, I cried and said the other kids made me do it. :angel:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I was bad and my parents had no clue I was sneaking out of the house, drinking and going to clubs in DC & Baltimore. I had fun, but often think how I ever survived some of the stupid crap I did. I've told my mom stories before (now that I'm older) and she doesn't say much, just kinda' laughs. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
K_Jo said:
The one time I got busted, I cried and said the other kids made me do it.
If I'd told my Mom that, she'd have gone through the roof that I caved to peer pressure. If it was my idea, she'd just yell. If I let someone else talk me into it, NOW my ass was grass.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The power...

vraiblonde said:
My Mom probably knew I did it to some extent but I had to be vewwy caweful not to get caught or she'd make me call my grandfather.

...of the grandfather.

One was dead and the other had long since left Dodge. You got me thinking now. All the 'good' kids I knew had present grandparents. I don't think many of the bad ones did.

Hmmmm...grandparents man the barricades while their dumbazz kids are trying to figure it all out?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I disagree...

vraiblonde said:
That's going to have to fall under "Knew we did it but didn't condone it".

...because there were the 'I don't condone that and you are in trouble' parents and there were the 'I don't condone that but y'all are gonna do it anyway..." parents.

Big difference, IMHO.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Talk about mixed signals.... We (my brother and I) were allowed to drink and whatnot at my parents house, she'd even provide and allow our friends to drink BUT she was on me like white on rice when I left the house and would have freaked had she caught someone elses' parents doing what she did so in that regard I had to sneak around. She's medicated and better now. :lmao:

E

(((echo)))

mainman said:
When I was younger my parents were drinkers, so it was not really all that difficult to conceal my partying....
:lol: were you the cause......or result of said drinking :snacks:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry Gude said:
...because there were the 'I don't condone that and you are in trouble' parents and there were the 'I don't condone that but y'all are gonna do it anyway..." parents.
Well, you're just going to have to settle for what's there because I'm not changing the poll. :mad:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is...

vraiblonde said:
Well, you're just going to have to settle for what's there because I'm not changing the poll. :mad:

...your poll.

Do we agree there is a distinction with a difference or no?