Mother-in law babysitting children

MissMissy

Okay my husband and I have been fighting ever since his mother has been babysitting our kids while we are at work. My problem is that she baby sits them at our house. I don't like the fact that every single day she is over there. On top of it she does things that drives me crazy like moving things around to where she wants them, washing my clothes, the list goes on and on. He says I'm acting like a "little girl". I asked him to ask her to just babysit the kids. He won't do it. He says there is nothing wrong with what she is doing. It's driving me crazy. We can't afford to put them in daycare right now. Am I wrong and am I acting like a little girl or should he respect me and ask her to stop?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
MissMissy said:
We can't afford to put them in daycare right now.
Beggars can't be choosers. :shrug: I'd suck it up and get over it. Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, who's going to die because grandma moved some knick-knacks?

M

Mousebaby

He should ask her to stop, thats your house not hers! I would have a fit if someone was going through my things and cleaning up my stuff in my home without me asking them to. She is just being nosey! Tell her to stop yourself, tell her how you feel. As a woman she should understand. Tell her you appreciate the offer of help but you would rather she didn't. JMHO! :howdy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Nickel said:
Beggars can't be choosers. :shrug: I'd suck it up and get over it. Seriously, in the grand scheme of things, who's going to die because grandma moved some knick-knacks?

Yep, who cares... just move 'em back. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
MissMissy said:
Okay my husband and I have been fighting ever since his mother has been babysitting our kids while we are at work. We can't afford to put them in daycare right now.
So she watches your children for free, cleans house and does your laundry? Damn, where do I sign up???

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You could always glue the knick knacks to the tables. :shrug:

What about a little note..."thanks, but I like these where they are."

nanstime

you didnt say WHY she watches them at your house?It is a kind gesture buttttttttttttttttttttt MOM IN LAW Leave her things alone

lovinmaryland

MissMissy said:
Okay my husband and I have been fighting ever since his mother has been babysitting our kids while we are at work. My problem is that she baby sits them at our house. I don't like the fact that every single day she is over there. On top of it she does things that drives me crazy like moving things around to where she wants them, washing my clothes, the list goes on and on. He says I'm acting like a "little girl". I asked him to ask her to just babysit the kids. He won't do it. He says there is nothing wrong with what she is doing. It's driving me crazy. We can't afford to put them in daycare right now. Am I wrong and am I acting like a little girl or should he respect me and ask her to stop?

I know where you are coming from my mother in law used to drive me :jameo: but if she were to offer to watch my kids for free i'd be on it like white on rice. right now i am paying 1240.00 in day care a month.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
:rolleyes:

Sounds like a nice mother-in-law to watch your kids AND do your laundry -- both are services which people pay good money for every week. You should quit acting like a b!tch and taking it out on your husband and be thankful that you married into such a supportive family.

MissMissy

nanstime said:
you didnt say WHY she watches them at your house?It is a kind gesture buttttttttttttttttttttt MOM IN LAW Leave her things alone

She volunteered herself to watch them at my house. She is seriously driving me crazy.

MissMissy

I'm not acting like a b!itch. You don't understand his mother and father are like the parents on everybody loves Raymond except they're worst.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
MissMissy said:
She volunteered herself to watch them at my house. She is seriously driving me crazy.
You do have a solution. Find daycare (but you'll have to pay for it like most folks with chilren). Problem solved.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
MissMissy said:
I'm not acting like a b!itch. You don't understand his mother and father are like the parents on everybody loves Raymond except they're worst.

I guarantee you that your husband thinks you are acting like one. But that's beside the point. The whole Raymond comment proves my point about your attitude. That's just mean to say about someone who is doing chores for you and your husband.

Look, this woman doesn't want to be couped up with her grandchildren all day without doing something productive. Thus doing the laundry and saving you a ton of time in the process that you can now spend with your children when you aren't working. Does she have your dinner ready for you too?

You're fussing about a situation that 90% of people envy and the other 10% can afford to pay for.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
When she comes over tomorrow give her a to do list. Tell her as long as she keeps moving things around to where you see dust prints, she might as well dust while shes there. Then buy her a new mop and a bottle of windex. Maybe she will get the hint or at least youll have a clean house.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
MissMissy said:
moving things around to where she wants them, washing my clothes, the list goes on and on.
Sounds like a territorial fight. Please kick her out and send her to my house. Does she do windows?