Wet Oatmeal Kisses

One of these days you'll explode and shout to all the kids,
"Why don't you just grow up and act your age!"
And they will...

Or, "You guys get outside and find something to do --
without hurting each other And don't slam the door!"
And they don't.

You'll straighten their bedrooms until it's all neat and tidy,
toys displayed on the shelf, hangers in the closet, animals caged.
You'll yell, "Now I want it to stay this way!"
And it will...

You will prepare a perfect dinner with a salad that hasn't had all the olives picked out and a cake with no finger traces in the icing and you'll say, "Now this is a meal for company."
And you will eat it alone...

You'll yell, "I want complete privacy on the phone.
No screaming, Do you hear me?"
And no one will answer.

No more plastic tablecloths stained
No more dandelion bouquets.
No more iron-on patches.
No more wet, knotted shoelaces, muddy boots or rubber bands for ponytails.

Imagine.... a lipstick with a point,
no babysitters for New Years Eve,
washing clothes only once a week,
no PTA meetings or silly school plays
where your child is a tree, no car pools, blaring stereos or
forgotten lunch money.

No more Christmas presents made of library paste and toothpicks, no wet oatmeal kisses, no more tooth fairy, no more giggles in the dark, scraped knees to kiss or sticky fingers to clean

Only a voice asking,
"Why don't you grow up?"

And the silence echoes:
"I did"

Erma Bombeck

K

Kain99

I hope you don't mind JR.... I stole some of your lines this afternoon, when my evil sister in law looked at her daughter and said........ "Grow up Brittany!"

When it was all over, they were hugging and acting just like they should.

I won't hold my breath, that it lasts but for one brief moment in time......:smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think its sweet that ya'll are being sentimental on Mother's Day. But, frankly, I've done my time. I've worked my butt off for 20 years, with another 8 to go, for the goal of having mature, responsible adults taking their place in society. I long for the day when I can clean a room and it stays that way. I can't wait until my stuff is mine and there are no daughters to steal my hairspray and not put it back.
Imagine.... a lipstick with a point,
no babysitters for New Years Eve,
washing clothes only once a week,
no PTA meetings or silly school plays
where your child is a tree, no car pools, blaring stereos or
forgotten lunch money.
Oh darn! :duh: That sure sounds like hell to me! :duh: :duh: :lol: Be honest, ladies - you dream of this day, too.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I'm with you Vrai. It's only been 11 years of hard work, and it's only getting harder. :bawl: It will be nice when it's over and I can (hopefully) enjoy the fruits of my labor. You know, each kid gainfully employed etc..

Mountain MaMa

WV bound
Both boys grown and gone from home. I love my guys but I am glad that part of my life is over. Now we can just do whatever, whenever. I'm so glad I didn't have girls..I don't share very well.

K

Kizzy

That is sweet, and I think I will be one to miss my kids when they grow up, but then again, I will enjoy the peace of it all. My children are only 4 and 7 and I cannot remember when I have gotten to watch a movie from the beginning to the end. I just want to be able to lay on the beach and not worry that one of my children will run off, get lost, get hurt or whatever. Go to dinner and not have them announce to the entire restaurant that they just farted. Take a bath without having one come in and tattle on the other. Those will be the days.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by IM4Change
Go to dinner and not have them announce to the entire restaurant that they just farted.

You mean you get to go to restaurants? :confused: Or do you mean McDonald's?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jrogers
I think that has happened to all of us atleast once.
What's worse is when they shout, "Mommy, that lady over there just farted!" then start making the fart noises. :lol: