Help Please

lovinmaryland

:howdy: Hi there animal lovers i need some help. This past weekend i noticed a bunny in our yard just hagning around eating clovers and stuff, well last night i was out raking up the yard and i found a small little hole w/ baby rabbits in there. I have no clue what I should do. Just leave them there? I haven't seen the momma rabbit since monday evening.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Leave them alone you will NOT see the mother come to the nest they only nurse the babies one time a day before daylight...leave them covered and stay way they are fine..

lovinmaryland

Pasofever said:
Leave them alone you will NOT see the mother come to the nest they only nurse the babies one time a day before daylight...leave them covered and stay way they are fine..
gotcha thanks. I am not very knowledgeable about animals, so i didn't touch them just to be safe. Thanks again

Geek

You can also lay a leaf and or little stick in front of the hole, and see if it is disturbed over 24 hours.

lovinmaryland

ServiceGuy said:
You could leave some carrots there for them, I hear wabbits like carrots :popcorn:
they are just babies silly :razz: i don't think they eat carrots just yet...at least i don't think they do

D

dems4me

lovinmaryland said:
:huggy: thanks i never thought of that :huggy:

Leave them alone, stay away, they will be fine. Mother only feeds the babies once a day so as not to attract preditors. She is nearby but doesn't come near babies and feeds but once a day. They will be fine. :huggy: Good luck!!! :huggy:

I

Inkpen

Lilypad said:
Where's Inkpen??? :jameo:

Right here..been cleaning critter cages all day..

Everyone is right...

Leave babies alone!

Momma is a speed nurser..5 minutes at dusk and at dawn and the babies are done.

You can take yarn, place in a circle around nest, if disturbed..she has been there.

Do not give carrots..they eat what nature gives them. Right now, it is clover, grasses, weeds, etc. Your yard is their dinner plate.

Just observe from a distance and enjoy Mother nature doing what she does best!!

If you ned me...PM...otherwise, I am not needed this time.

Job Well Done!!! :getdown: