All is right again in Wizard Nation...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...get out of here, Michael Jordan, we don't need your kind!!!

This is gonna take some effort because when I opened this AM"s paper I was speechless. Me. Imagine.

One of the most pathetic organizations in pro-sports: Get the greatest player in your sport of ALL time, let him make some decisions, play for two years, rebuild interest in a storied franchise, he is INTERESTED in running the shop...

Obvious choice: "Yeah, Mike! Run with it, baby!"

Reality in Wizard World: "No. You not kiss my ### properly. You are too competitive and we want to win. Hit the bricks."

OMMFG!!!

Why?

Bad draft choice: Mike picked Kwame. Knock, knock. HELLO. Michael Jordan was not picked first. Please. His first ever pick may not be so good. Les Boulez have been picking for...how long???

And have WHAT to show for it???

Bad free agent picks: Stackhouse for Rip Hamilton you do every day of the week. Twice on Sundays. I couldn't believe it when it happened. However, Rip is proving to be a better pro than Jerry. The Wiz have traded Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and botched the Weber/Howard days long before MJ got here.

Players don't like him: Hello! He's hard on people to do what he did; completely commit yourself to the game. Preparation Practice. Conditioning. Effort. Who cares if they "like" him!? Are they doing the job??? Mike said last week, "Hey, if you don't want to put out what it takes to win, fine, hit the road."

Not deferential enough to Polin: At a meeting some years ago Polin said the owners are losing a lot of money during the then strike. Mike busted him out: Then sell your team! Abe don't forgive or forget even if it hurts business.

Having MJ around brought in 5,000 extra butts per home game (times 41) for two years. If you figure $100 a head dropped in tix, tees and tacos, lemme see...$41,000,000 directly attributable to MJ just being there. This does not include what it did for away games, TV and merchandise.

So, Mike stays, runs the show, EVERY SINGLE thing he does will draw interest and maintain the fan base.

Polin: "We want to go in a different direction..."

Translation: We will now return you to our regularly scheduled Wiz...

Like I said, words fail me right now.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Aren't all DC sports teams (minus about 5 good years for the Redskins) steeped in a tradition of mediocrity? Back to the same old same old.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, Sally...

...you're so right. We are all better off, Abe, The Suze, the fans, players, having things just the way they were.

Jordan warred with Jerry Krause forever...and was instrumental in winning 6...SIX...titles. Krause never got rid of Jordan because his feelings or his feathers were ruffled. He went to work. Jordan didn't stop trying every time he didn't get his way. He went to work.

So now, we find some person who won't disrupt anything, or, gasp, try to get everybody working harder to win, will get Mr. Polin a nice glass of Metamucil and his slippers, will have all the players adore him, maybe cancel practices, they'd LOVE that, will, in short, do things the way they've been done because it OH SO meets Sally's idea of how to win Championships.

Like I said, all is right in Wizard world again.

When the 49'ers ditched Joe Montanta they at least had Steve Young to step in.

We got...???

No Michael Jordan. Absurd.