Photo Software

Ponytail

I'm in the market for some photo editting software. Any suggestions? Looking for mild touchups, crops, zooms...

Newbie at photo editing, so don't get too technical...I'll have no clue what you are talking about.

TIA

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...toshop+elements&type=product&id=1157067062149

I have the photoshop elements & premier elements.

What better way to share life's special moments than with this fusion of customizable photo and video editing software? Photoshop Elements partners power and simplicity, enabling you to stage your photos in the best light possible, while Premiere Elements helps you create and share impressive home movies easily. Both programs feature a host of grade-A editing tools and eye-popping effects that will wow onlookers during each viewing. The options are endless and the images are everlasting.

Upgrade your photos with Photoshop Elements. Start customizing your photo creations by choosing flexible themed layout patterns to fit any format, from albums and postcards to scrapbook pages and DVD covers. Instantly erase common blemishes, brighten colors, and create flawless composites with professional-grade results. Take advantage of Flash technology to animate your images, and share them with family and friends in memorable Web galleries. Stumped for gift ideas? Make keepsakes, including custom slide shows, cards, albums pages, photo books, prints, flipbooks, and your loved ones are sure to be overjoyed by the gesture. With Premiere Elements, burn your video footage to DVD in two simple steps, complete with a DVD menu and scene index, or easily assemble your movie in Sceneline by rearranging clips with drop-and-drag simplicity. Now, you can edit and preview your movies in one convenient place. The Monitor Window lets you split and trim video clips, add dazzling effects and more. When your movie is ready, proudly share it with family and friends. Like your memories, this complete photo and video editing system is priceless.

Last edited:
M

Mousebaby

Amazon.com usually has some pretty good prices. But you almost can't beat $69.00! That's pretty darn cheap!

Ponytail said:
Ay suggestions ad to where to buy to get the best price? Photo software is ridiculously expensive.
I've been usin MS Picture It 9 for a while. Does everything I need, crop, resize, color correction, etc. I'm sure they have a new version out, but I think I paid about $100 for this one.

I

Inkpen

Ponytail said:
I'm in the market for some photo editting software. Any suggestions? Looking for mild touchups, crops, zooms...

Newbie at photo editing, so don't get too technical...I'll have no clue what you are talking about.

TIA

Free, easy to use, a lot of nice features, including a few new ones is PICASA from Google..
Download the free/trial version and go play with it.

I use it to sort thru, do quick edits of photo BEFORE I do work on them in Photoshop CS3.

I highly recommend it for anyone!!!
DOnt spend any money until you try Picasa

Tomcat

Anytime
I've been using PaintShopPro for years now and find it very user friendly. I have a full blown version of PhotoShop that I only use if I've got some really difficult editing to do.
Saw this on one of the ads at the bottom of this thread that no one usually pays any attention to: photo software

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
I use paint shop pro XI and PhotoShopCS3 both rock on. CS3 is far better but very expensive. Another free one that is very good is GIMP google for it. Download trial of CS3 and you can use it FREE for 30 days.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'd go with PS Elements or Paint Shop Pro XI. They both have a solid past and are well-established. You may end up using the program for more than you think.