Need a Diet/Exercise buddy or Club

Ange1icflowers

Okay. I'm a person who doesn't easily self motivate. I NEED to lose weight. It's not healthy how I am. I have a gym membership, but haven't gone but once since I had the baby (April) due to sciatic pains (SEVERE). My diet is probably considered BAD-I don't eat all day, eat at night. I Know bad bad bad.

I need someone (or several someones) for support, help, motivation, encouragement.

I have avoided the big "D" word (diet) since I was a teenager who was anorexic. I don't want to go back to that place, and I know I could (though food just tastes too darned good!), but I know something has to be done.

I know that some places in the country have formed their own "Biggest Loser" contests and such and I dont' know if that's exactly what I'm looking for (ie the competition) but it'd sure be nice to have others "in the boat" with me. (you know, misery loves company).

I'll admit it: I'm fat. I am 4'11" and as of yesterday, 192lbs. Postpartum checkup I was 184lbs. I wear a misses size 18. I would like to see a size 10.

I know I can't be the only stay at home mom who could use some extra support with diet/exercise, and perhaps even some extra company. I have a membership to World Gym in Leonardtown. They do have a kiddie prison...erm daycare area :razz: for the little rugrats.

Please, if you're gonna send bad Karma to me because I'm fat, go suck an egg. I know this, so shut up. :lalala: :buttkick: For some of us, the motivation to deal with the pain of exercise just isn't there.

If you are interested in something like this, let me know!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I was 190 on April first...I am taller then you I am 5'6" I have lost 35 lbs since then with NO extra excercising..IF I can do it ...anyone can...I am also in my 40's...GOOD LUCK..

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I can sympathize with your situation...

Got pregnant and gained 60 lbs. Baby only weighed 7. :ohwell:

Now I'm dieting to the best of my ability (which is limited while nursing), but I don't have the time to get to the gym. Bought an elliptical machine for my house since my commute eats up any time I'd possibly dedicate to a gym, but never use it. Still fat.

Pasofever, what's your secret? I'm about one more horrified look at the scale from asking my doctor for prescription weight loss pills.

If all else fails, I'll be planning on liposuction and a tummy tuck for my birthday next year...

K

Kain99

If your close I'll be your buddy! My diet is starting to work but working out would really help!

SoMDMama82

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems getting motivated to loose the baby weight. I think I gained more weight, because not only was I pregnant, but I also quit smoking (I know quite a few people who gain up to 20 lbs after quitting smoking). I just started South Beach Diet today. It's not that hard for me, it's just expensive to eat healthy. That, and my fiance (who does a lot of the cooking) is tall and skinny and doesn't care about what's healthy.

I think I'll just do the diet alone for a week, then add in some excercise to try and keep from platueing. Bad thing is, between working full time, and baby chores, it's hard to find someone who can work with me around my schedule.

Maybe if we support eachother one here, give updates on our status once a week, give eachother advise, and just show out support, maybe that will help me get back into my size 8's!

I just hate having 2 closets full of clothes that I can fit my big butt into anymore :lol:

J

jp2854

I am doing weightwatchers which seems to help so far that is if you follow it to strictly. I also walk everyday too I get in about 10,000 plus steps some days and some days I get less. I also started eating more fruit than I used to and eat veggies too. My downfall is dessert which isn't good so I bought diet icecreams (like the weightwatchers or skinny cow desserts) and I allow myself 1 a day to fill my sweet cravings when the strawberries/blueberries don't do the trick.

If any of you would like a buddy I am willing to be one to any of you as I need help myself to get through this. You can send me a PM on here if you would like as I do check this thing often.

Vince

jp2854 said:
I am doing weightwatchers which seems to help so far that is if you follow it to strictly. I also walk everyday too I get in about 10,000 plus steps some days and some days I get less. I also started eating more fruit than I used to and eat veggies too. My downfall is dessert which isn't good so I bought diet icecreams (like the weightwatchers or skinny cow desserts) and I allow myself 1 a day to fill my sweet cravings when the strawberries/blueberries don't do the trick.

If any of you would like a buddy I am willing to be one to any of you as I need help myself to get through this. You can send me a PM on here if you would like as I do check this thing often.
What about yogurt for dessert?

basher

LEET
Club'nBabySeals said:
I can sympathize with your situation...

Got pregnant and gained 60 lbs. Baby only weighed 7. :ohwell:

Now I'm dieting to the best of my ability (which is limited while nursing), but I don't have the time to get to the gym. Bought an elliptical machine for my house since my commute eats up any time I'd possibly dedicate to a gym, but never use it. Still fat.

Pasofever, what's your secret? I'm about one more horrified look at the scale from asking my doctor for prescription weight loss pills.

If all else fails, I'll be planning on liposuction and a tummy tuck for my birthday next year...

You sound like my wife......had baby, getting elliptical machine, weight loss pills, the liposuction and tummy tuck, etc.....she wants to do all these things.
If you end up taking weight loss pills, make sure you stop nursing......

I take Lipo-6 from GNC....really helps me get energized and curbs the appetite, and lose weight. I heard it works great for the ladies too, but make sure you do your research first.....don't take it if you have a heart condition, get too jittery, or something else bad. It is also very expensive.
Exercise and eating in moderation is the slowest, and cheapest, but healthiest route.

basher

LEET
FireBrand said:
Let dick be your friend !

Did anyone see the episode with Richard Simmons on "Whose Line is it Anyway?". I think you can find it on YouTube. Anyway, I was literally :roflmao: while watching it.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Ange1, couple questions:

1. How supportive your hubby? The reason that I ask, is that it'll be a lot easier to get the whole house on track than just you, while you watch them continue as usual

2. Have you tried starting with the simple stuff? Like cutting out soda and drinking more water (which happens to be a hunger suppressant).

3. Dieting doesn't have to be evil. There are thousands of recipes (sp?) that taste great and don't depend on evil things like butter for taste- some asian, mexican and mediterranean foods come to mind.

4. Do you just have the one kid? Do you have friends that stop by to chat? Instead of sitting around the house talking or playing with kiddo, talk/play while you take a walk.

Ange1icflowers

Chain: here are some answers to your questions!

1. Hubby is EXTREMELY supportive. We don't keep junk food in the house (the closest thing we have is Graham Crackes and Tostitos!), and he's always telling me I can go to the gym if I want...I just never want. lol.

2. I am a soda addict. I got off of it for a good long time (while I was pregnant) but due to the baby being in the NICU in DC for 3 weeks and running on no sleep, I got addicted again.
I'm trying to wean myself off of it by switching to diet soda, then Seltzer water. That's the best I've done is Seltzer water. I don't really like plain water...too blah for me.

3.I try to cook healthy, but i don't always have the motivation to cook!

4. I have 3 children-8, 3, and NB. All boys, who LOVE to drive me BANANAS!!!!!!

I try to walk, but I seem to keep getting these SEVERE hip/sciatic nerve pains that start in my LOW LOW back by my hips, and shoot down my legs. Not fun.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Ange1icflowers said:
Chain: here are some answers to your questions!

1. Hubby is EXTREMELY supportive. We don't keep junk food in the house (the closest thing we have is Graham Crackes and Tostitos!), and he's always telling me I can go to the gym if I want...I just never want. lol.

2. I am a soda addict. I got off of it for a good long time (while I was pregnant) but due to the baby being in the NICU in DC for 3 weeks and running on no sleep, I got addicted again.
I'm trying to wean myself off of it by switching to diet soda, then Seltzer water. That's the best I've done is Seltzer water. I don't really like plain water...too blah for me.

3.I try to cook healthy, but i don't always have the motivation to cook!

4. I have 3 children-8, 3, and NB. All boys, who LOVE to drive me BANANAS!!!!!!

I try to walk, but I seem to keep getting these SEVERE hip/sciatic nerve pains that start in my LOW LOW back by my hips, and shoot down my legs. Not fun.

1. :yay: Drag him involve him with you/ involve him.

2. That's easy. Don't buy it. It's easier to "forget" to bring it home than to fight the impulse to go after it. :wink:

3. They're home all day. Take them to park or just out back and play. They'll wear you out, get your mind off of "exercising" and you get to bond.

4. have you seen a doc? Do you know what's wrong? Is there anything that you can do about it? It's hard to do much of anything if moving hurts that much.

4. have you seen a doc? Do you know what's wrong? Is there anything that you can do about it? It's hard to do much of anything if moving hurts that much.

sounds like a pinched nerve... maybe from a degenerative disc... been there... found a great dr in arlington stephen hughes... he fixed me right up, never has bothered me again!

p.s. yoga is a great way to lose weight, rec & parks will have a class starting in the fall 6-7 pm at the Lenoard Hall gym

Hawkeyewife

I can totally relate... after having two kids I weighed 221 pounds (at 5'6") in October 2005 when I started Weight Watchers. Our son was about 6 months old and I was tired of wearing my old maternity pants. I joined a gym about a week after starting WW and got some training sessions for Christmas. By the following March I was running 8k's and when my little one turned 1 in May I was in a size 8/10 and had lost 60 pounds!!! Since then I have continued to work out and ran in three half marathons and a bunch of shorter races (with and without the kids in tow). BTW I have always hated running in the past, I am not fast, just persistent.

Since moving to Pax and getting pregnant again I have gained some weight, but after a rough first trimester (which has kept me out of the gym for a few months) I just got back into the gym and feel great. I work out at World Gym in Lexington Park and would love a gym partner. I am due in December but plan on working out 4-5 times a week until I deliver. We are planning a home birth so being in good shape is important to me. I also nursed my kids until they were about a year old (DS was 15 months old when I finally cut him off), so I can relate to fears of working out affecting milk supply etc.

Good Luck with your weight loss! I plan on rejoining WW once the baby is about 2 months old, but this time I plan on being under 200lbs to begin with.