Crowd Pleasing Dishes

citysherry

I Need a Beer
My sisters and I are hosting a crab & shrimp feast for my uncle’s 75th birthday this summer and we are expecting 50-80 people. The steamed crabs and shrimp have been taken care of but now we’re looking for ideas for other side dishes and main course dishes that can be put out buffet style for non-seafood eating people. TIA for any suggestions.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
lumpia's always a hit especially with kids. Emily's on Great Mills Rd will cook up a big batch for you or you can buy them frozen to cook yourselves. I get the frozen ones to cook at home. BTW - all beef, no pork (in case any one is a non-pork eater).

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Purchase or make from scratch some pulled pork barbeque. Serve with potato rolls, and have on hand some good cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, linguine salad, fried chicken, corn on the cob. Also serve some hot dogs or hamburgers for the children.

:yum:

MMDad

Lem Putt
itsbob said:
Purchase or make from scratch some pulled pork barbeque. Serve with potato rolls, and have on hand some good cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs, linguine salad, fried chicken, corn on the cob. Also serve some hot dogs or hamburgers for the children.

:smack: Did you read the part about it being a 75th birthday? Do you own stock in Polident or something?

Think soft food....

SLIM

MMDad said:
:smack: Did you read the part about it being a 75th birthday? Do you own stock in Polident or something?

Think soft food....

Hey, my mom's 75 and still eats corn on the cob........................right after she cuts the kernals off with a knife! :lmao:

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
itsbob said:

:yay: :yay:

SLIM

citysherry said:
My sisters and I are hosting a crab & shrimp feast for my uncle’s 75th birthday this summer and we are expecting 50-80 people. The steamed crabs and shrimp have been taken care of but now we’re looking for ideas for other side dishes and main course dishes that can be put out buffet style for non-seafood eating people. TIA for any suggestions.

You could have a 'bring your own dish' kind of thing since you already have the main course. It'll be cheaper. Itsbob has a good idea too! :yay:
Don't forget the watermelon! :smack:
Good luck and have fun! :howdy:

lovinmaryland

SLIM said:
Don't forget the watermelon!

you can also make adult watermelon :howdy: mix up some margarita mix and pour over slices of watermelon. let it marinate for a few hours. very yummy :)

i would do a pasta salad, potato salad, and a cucumber tomato salad. Good luck

itsbob

I bowl overhand
SLIM said:
Hey, my mom's 75 and still eats corn on the cob........................right after she cuts the kernals off with a knife! :lmao:
The old woman i live with does the same thing...

SLIM

:confused:
Watch out the 'Red Karma Fairy' is out and about. :lmao:
I just got red for God knows what. No expaination or anything just RED!
:shrug:

SLIM

:cheers:
Okay 'Red Karma Fairy' I wasn't complainig, just letting everyone else know you were around :razz:

At least you gave me an explaination but you forgot to SIGN it :jameo:
Maybe next time! :bigwhoop:

Oh well, if you can't take the bad with the good you might just as well stay in bed!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mikex1337

itsbob said:

That sounds delicious. Man, I can smell it already. But my diet won't allow a meal like that. :lalala: