Bruised/Broken foot

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So about 5 weeks ago I was at the grocery store. I came out of the doors and I was in front of the cart pulling it and the 5 year old was pushing it. Some a-hole comes flying through the parking lot and in my attempt to stop the cart very suddenly it hit my left foot, partially running it over. Left foot, outside, just about mid-length. I had a small but dark bruise for a few days that went away, there is absolutely no pain when I walk but if I touch the spot where the bruise was there's a slight lump and it hurts like hell. When sitting on the couch in the evening I often tuck one foot up underneath me, half Indian style if you will; if I don't think about it and try to tuck the left leg and the foot even brushes against the couch it about kills me. As soon as whatever is touching it is moved the pain is immediately gone.

I have VERY little experience with broken bones having only broken my neck, little toe and little finger. Possibly a hairline fracture with no displacement?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Tina2001aniT said:

:lmao: Which is how I know about hairline fractures with no displacement. I fractured c-1 and only wore a hard brace for 4 months. I was saved from sugery literally hours before scheduled to get a halo. I had the "perfect" break and that being said, after the muscle spasms stopped I had absolutely no pain.

Nanny Pam

pixiegirl said:
So about 5 weeks ago I was at the grocery store. I came out of the doors and I was in front of the cart pulling it and the 5 year old was pushing it. Some a-hole comes flying through the parking lot and in my attempt to stop the cart very suddenly it hit my left foot, partially running it over. Left foot, outside, just about mid-length. I had a small but dark bruise for a few days that went away, there is absolutely no pain when I walk but if I touch the spot where the bruise was there's a slight lump and it hurts like hell. When sitting on the couch in the evening I often tuck one foot up underneath me, half Native American style if you will; if I don't think about it and try to tuck the left leg and the foot even brushes against the couch it about kills me. As soon as whatever is touching it is moved the pain is immediately gone.

I have VERY little experience with broken bones having only broken my neck, little toe and little finger. Possibly a hairline fracture with no displacement?

:fixed:

:huggy:

HorseRiding God

pixiegirl said:
So about 5 weeks ago I was at the grocery store. I came out of the doors and I was in front of the cart pulling it and the 5 year old was pushing it. Some a-hole comes flying through the parking lot and in my attempt to stop the cart very suddenly it hit my left foot, partially running it over. Left foot, outside, just about mid-length. I had a small but dark bruise for a few days that went away, there is absolutely no pain when I walk but if I touch the spot where the bruise was there's a slight lump and it hurts like hell. When sitting on the couch in the evening I often tuck one foot up underneath me, half Indian style if you will; if I don't think about it and try to tuck the left leg and the foot even brushes against the couch it about kills me. As soon as whatever is touching it is moved the pain is immediately gone.

Sounds like just a bruised foot to me. I remember when the almighty Zues got his hoof slammed in a gate. He could still walk on it, but it hurt him when I massaged it.

jenbengen

Watch it
I had what I thought was a bruised foot in the middle on the top of my foot for months. It did not hurt to walk, but it was VERY tender to touch or put pressure on. Finally went in and the doc said "see these two bones? That is supposed to be ONE". Woops!!! Foot injuries are hard to identify sometimes because there are so many small bones in it.

So what I am saying is that if doesn't seem to be getting better, I'd go get it checked. I had a tiny little cast put on mine below my ankle (looked like a sock). They may not do that to you if this is the case- the doc just knows that I am too active and couldn't trust me to stay off of it. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
jenbengen said:
I had what I thought was a bruised foot in the middle on the top of my foot for months. It did not hurt to walk, but it was VERY tender to touch or put pressure on. Finally went in and the doc said "see these two bones? That is supposed to be ONE". Woops!!! Foot injuries are hard to identify sometimes because there are so many small bones in it.

So what I am saying is that if doesn't seem to be getting better, I'd go get it checked. I had a tiny little cast put on mine below my ankle (looked like a sock). They may not do that to you if this is the case- the doc just knows that I am too active and couldn't trust me to stay off of it. :lmao:

That's how mine is. Doesn't hurt at all except when direct pressure is applied to that spot. Sometimes I just need a kick in the butt to go to the doctor. :lmao:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Yowch. This reminds me of the time we were out and that chick tripped and her heel went into my foot. :faint: It killed me for months, but finally stopped bothering me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The only time a broken foot is good, is when traveling via airlines. :yay:

The rest of the time it is a PITA.