Nitro Fuel for RC Car?

chrissyhh

My son is getting a Nitro powered Radio Control car for his birthday next week, and I was wondering where do you go for fuel for this? Any places in Charles Co.?

Booboo3604

chrissyhh said:
Do we have one? I know Doug's moved.

I don't know of any other place that would carry it, my boyfriend has an RC truck and we always have to go to the Doug's down in St. Mary's. There's also the internet.

greyhound

That brings back memories....

My Dad used to race small cars. A bunch of guys would meet at the safeway shopping center in PF to race(early 70's). They nailed a string into the pavement and the cars did run off of some type of fuel. The cars were about 2 feet long.

Last edited:

Fingel_Hymer

Restricted User
charger383 said:
www.towerhobbies.com

dougs is a big rip off, they have every thing at least on 80% mark up.

Beat me to the Tower Hobbies link. They are the best around. Huge selection and you get it in a reasonable amount of time. They only problem with fuels is that they have to be ground transported, so you have to wait a bit longer.

Be sure to get one of the lower percentage nitro fuels to help save wear and tear. There's no need to get your son the 20% if he's not racing.

chewy3384

Captain Obvious!
Dougs is now off of 235 in California. They have reasonable retail prices for fuel. 20% is fine. There was a place in calvert called Falcon Hobbies but they just went out of business....although they might still be clearing out stuff cheap. They are off of rt 4 on Dalrymple Rd.