Little Stinkers

I

Inkpen

When I was visiting Bowie, I met this critters..
Never met a baby skunk...and one looked like Don King with the hair!!!

And at this age, they really do not smell.
Amazing animals.....bad eyesight, bad hearing, awesome sense of smell....
And because of the eyesight...people and other animals get sprayed...

If you meet one, dont scare it or it will turn its tail towards you, raise it and let loose it oil glands.... :jameo:

Meet the Little Stinkers....

Attachments

• Don King.JPG
    Don King.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 146
  • little stinkers.JPG
    little stinkers.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Skunks dudes.JPG
    Skunks dudes.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 145

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I think skunks may be one of the cutest animals on this planet. I know you don't agree with keeping wild animals as pets but I'd kill to have a pet skunk, de-scented of course. Love, love, love them.

I

Inkpen

pixiegirl said:
I think skunks may be one of the cutest animals on this planet. I know you don't agree with keeping wild animals as pets but I'd kill to have a pet skunk, de-scented of course. Love, love, love them.

I understand de-skunked skunks make great pets!!
Sadly, I have to go along with State of MD laws about keeping wildlife as pets.
...sigh...
On some levels I do agree and on another level, I would love to have a raccoon as a pet, or a opossum..but I cant, so I dont.

But to rehab them, and work woth them, and then to release them and see them run off ..makes my heart sing with great joy!!!
(then I wipe a tear..and walk away with an empty carrier...)

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
They all look like Don King to me. :lol:

I have a skunk that crosses my yard every night to head to the field on the other side. He comes almost the same time every night. He's so fat and waddles, it's hysterical. We just stay on the deck, turn on the back yard light and watch him. He's definately a cutie.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
pixiegirl said:
There was a lady on animal planet that had skunks that didn't have the spray gland. Said they were the best pets she ever owned

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
My grandma had a Yorkie who carried a stuffed skunk with him everywhere. He used to pee on it when he got excited.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
mv_princess said:
There was a lady on animal planet that had skunks that didn't have the spray gland. Said they were the best pets she ever owned

I saw a guy with one on a leash in a flea market in Florida when I was a kid. I talked to him about it and he said it was a great pet. I just think they're too damn cute. I'd get a pink rhinestone collar for mine. :yay:

Ponytail

If you want a skunk, go get a ferret. The skunk is the ferret's closest relative, hence the similar scent glands, and facial features, not to mention similar reaction mechanisms such as a raising of the back, tail, and fluffing of the tail and they are equally mischievous.

:yay: Ferrets are VERY cool pets. They fall between kids and dogs as for difficulty, and time required to keep content.

I

Inkpen

pixiegirl said:
I saw a guy with one on a leash in a flea market in Florida when I was a kid. I talked to him about it and he said it was a great pet. I just think they're too damn cute. I'd get a pink rhinestone collar for mine. :yay:

I think Disney did a lot to make the skunk a loveable critter!!!

Between Flower from Bambi and the Peppi Le Pew cartoon..what is not to love?

I trandsported 5 on Sunday on a 3 hour trip to a rehabber..and my van had a nice musky scent to it. Not bad at all!

I

Inkpen

I stand corrected...
Peppi is not a Disney cartoon, it is Warner Brothers...
Thank you!!!! :howdy:

SoMDGirl42

I once stopped the car to pick up what I thought was a puppy standing in the middle of the road. When I walked up to it, I realized it was a baby stunk and didn't have the white stripe down his back yet. :killingme I think they're adorable, but could live without ever smelling another one!