Hiit

warneckutz

High Intensity Interval Training

"High-Intensity Interval training (HIIT) is an exercise strategy that is intended to improve performance with short training sessions.

A HIIT session involves a warmup period, several short, maximum-intensity efforts separated by moderate recovery intervals, and a cooldown period. The period of alternating effort and recovery intervals typically lasts a total of 15 minutes." - Wiki

Has anyone tried this before? :confused: Supposedly, it's a pretty useful technique in burning fat and sparing muscle.

B

Big Fatty

warneckutz said:
High Intensity Interval Training

"High-Intensity Interval training (HIIT) is an exercise strategy that is intended to improve performance with short training sessions.

A HIIT session involves a warmup period, several short, maximum-intensity efforts separated by moderate recovery intervals, and a cooldown period. The period of alternating effort and recovery intervals typically lasts a total of 15 minutes." - Wiki

Has anyone tried this before? :confused: Supposedly, it's a pretty useful technique in burning fat and sparing muscle.

Methods are many, principles are few. Methods always change, principles never do.

Just another tool for the toolbox.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I perform HIIT sessions twice a week, first session in the form of sprints (400M or less), second session in the form of Tabata intervals with the actual exercises used varying with each workout.

I take it you're thinking of replacing or supplementing some of your cardio for the purposes of cutting?

Should work pretty well.

warneckutz

Lugnut said:
I perform HIIT sessions twice a week, first session in the form of sprints (400M or less), second session in the form of Tabata intervals with the actual exercises used varying with each workout.

I take it you're thinking of replacing or supplementing some of your cardio for the purposes of cutting?

Should work pretty well.

Well, I'm done "cutting" for the summer, I guess. I was able to get my bodyfat to 6% when I competed. It's gone up slightly since then (7.5%) since I've added additional carbs and I'm only doing cardio once a day.

I'm trying to keep fairly lean for the summer while upping my carbs for more energy and recovery.

I like the idea of spending less time doing cardio as well.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
warneckutz said:
Well, I'm done "cutting" for the summer, I guess. I was able to get my bodyfat to 6% when I competed. It's gone up slightly since then (7.5%) since I've added additional carbs and I'm only doing cardio once a day.

I'm trying to keep fairly lean for the summer while upping my carbs for more energy and recovery.

I like the idea of spending less time doing cardio as well.

If you're not competing for a while you have time to experiment. What the hell, give it a shot and see what the differences are between HIIT and long slow cardio. :yay:

I definitely need to up my carbs. I'm gassing out pretty quickly right now. I haven't been paying enough attention to diet lately.

warneckutz

Lugnut said:
Jealousy is very unbecoming on you Smoov! :lmao:

I left my instructions at work :doh:

I tried to make something up, then I got to talking with one of the girls behind the front desk and eventually just did some high-intensity cardio for about 20 mins... :bigwhoop:

smoothmarine187

warneckutz said:
I left my instructions at work :doh:

I tried to make something up, then I got to talking with one of the girls behind the front desk and eventually just did some high-intensity cardio for about 20 mins... :bigwhoop:

That's what I'm talking about! :buddies: I hope I'm reading this right :lol: