solids

H

hborror

When should you introduce stage 1 jar food to your baby? 4 or 6 months?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I started my daughter at 4 months of age. She always had a healthy appetite and formula just wouldn't cut it for her. Once I started w/more solid foods, she started sleeping better, too.

aanderson

I started my son at 4 months...and then stage 2 at 6 months. My doctor said to go ahead and start at 4 months, but only introduce 1 thing at a time so you know if something is causing a reaction. But you should talk to your doctor first.

H

hborror

cattitude said:
It varies on the pediatrician..what does your say?

I believe these days it's around 6 months.

I have not asked her, I guess I will have to put in a call to her today.

My problem is she just turned 4 months but for about a week now she has been so fussy not taking naps and going to bed past 10 every night. Last night she finally went to sleep at 11:30PM. I don't know if she is still hungry or cutting a tooth. She does not have a fever nor is she pulling on anything.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We started feeding our young-un table scraps around two months (formula and baby food were just too expensive).. supplemented with bottles of Whole milk and/ or Kool-AID (Krazy Kow)...

Now he's a full fledged carnivore, and can rip into a piece of raw steak with the best of them.. he's only happy when he has the blood from some unsuspecting animal dripping from his chin.

You should see him tear up some hot wings..

Oh, and A1 sauce.. the kid likes to sneak his steak into MY A1 sauce while I'm not looking..

he does have a favorite vegetable though.. French Fries..

Boxdyn

My daughter just turned 6 months. We started stage 1 at 4 months. She too has stopped taking long naps and is up until about 10 pm, but is sleeping through the night. Her fussy stage lasted about 3 weeks.

She gets cereal in the morning and then a jar of veggies (do these before the fruit or they won't like the veggies) and a jar of fruit in the evening, along with her bottles of formula.

SoMDGirl42

I started munchin on stage 1 veggies at 4 months. 1 veggie a for an entire week to make sure they don't have allergies.

My pediatrician said fruits at 4 month and veggies at 6 months. So he won't eat food in the morning ( don't know why but he won't) but take 2 jars of food and a bottle at lunch and then he'll have a jar for dinner and a bottle. All of stage 1 food.

I think I'll start stage 2 when he turns 7 months.

Lilypad

itsbob said:
We started feeding our young-un table scraps around two months (formula and baby food were just too expensive).. supplemented with bottles of Whole milk and/ or Kool-AID (Krazy Kow)...

Now he's a full fledged carnivore, and can rip into a piece of raw steak with the best of them.. he's only happy when he has the blood from some unsuspecting animal dripping from his chin.

You should see him tear up some hot wings..

Oh, and A1 sauce.. the kid likes to sneak his steak into MY A1 sauce while I'm not looking..

he does have a favorite vegetable though.. French Fries..
Gee won't be long and you can get him his own gun to go out and shoot his dinner-or at least wound it, and eat it raw! :whistle: