• 062907_18061.jpg
    062907_18061.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 063007_08381.jpg
    063007_08381.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 178
cattitude said:
Mockingbird?
It does look like this....but the mother that came back :clap: had a tuft on the top of her head.

Attachments

• 800px-Mimus_polyglottos1.jpg
    800px-Mimus_polyglottos1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 132

ocean733

sweetpea said:
My 7 y/o found him in our backyard and spent all day last saturday feedin him worms and plum.

Mom came back? :huggy: The little bird looks like a cartoon character! :lmao:

cattitude said:
Do you still have him?
No. she found him last friday morning and she spent all day friday and saturday w/ him and the mom showed up around 5pm saturday and started feeding him. :clap: So we put him in a tree where she continued to feed him. Then sunday morning we saw him in the driveway and he took off flying. :clap:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
sweetpea said:
No. she found him last friday morning and she spent all day friday and saturday w/ him and the mom showed up around 5pm saturday and started feeding him. :clap: So we put him in a tree where she continued to feed him. Then sunday morning we saw him in the driveway and he took off flying. :clap:

:yay:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Great job..I would pull this thread though before Inkpen sees it and turns you into DNR :ohwell:

Last edited:

Rael

Supper's Ready
I also think it is a mockingbird. Not much of a tail yet, and all of the colors. Lucky for you mama wasn't aggressive toward you.

Attachments

• mockingbird fledgling.jpg
    mockingbird fledgling.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 122
Rael said:
I also think it is a mockingbird. Not much of a tail yet, and all of the colors. Lucky for you mama wasn't aggressive toward you.
The mom kinda looked like that one. Her tail was longer and neither had the spots on their chest though.

Of course when we go in the pool house about a half hour ago she finds another baby bird....but this one is fresh outta the egg. :jameo: Her and Papa found the nest in there....got the ladder and put him back. :jameo:

Last edited:
Rael said:
Lucky for you mama wasn't aggressive toward you.
No kiddin! But the funny thing was that she tried to feed him while my daughter was holding him. It was unreal! She would fly up w/ a bug in her mouth and get like 10 inches from him while she would hold him out. We were only sittin a few feet away while she was feeding him too.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sweetpea said:
It does look like this....but the mother that came back :clap: had a tuft on the top of her head.

Could be a catbird.
Catbirds are cousins to mockingbirds (mimic thrushes).
They do not have the white stripes on wings like mockingbirds.
They are mostly grey and have a black 'mowhawk' on head.

Last edited: