Stuffed zucchini flowers.........

blacklabman

Stuffed Zucchini Flowers Recipe

Female flowers are the best as they will take more stuffing and there is the immature squash to add extra thrill. Use an amount of ricotta cheese to almost fill the number of flowers, add freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about 20% of the ricotta), and pepper and Italian Herb to your taste. Coat with a deep frying batter and put, one at a time, in a deep fryer. Don't let them touch while frying. When they reach a golden brown, remove and drain.

I harvest and stuff in the morning and keep in the frig (wrapped in plastic wrap) until the evening meal. Otherwise the flowers will wilt slightly.

blacklabman said:
Female flowers are the best as they will take more stuffing and there is the immature squash to add extra thrill. Use an amount of ricotta cheese to almost fill the number of flowers, add freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about 20% of the ricotta), and pepper and Italian Herb to your taste. Coat with a deep frying batter and put, one at a time, in a deep fryer. Don't let them touch while frying. When they reach a golden brown, remove and drain.

I harvest and stuff in the morning and keep in the frig (wrapped in plastic wrap) until the evening meal. Otherwise the flowers will wilt slightly.
A true veggie lover. :lmao:

Nanny Pam

blacklabman said:

:yum: sounds good!