Dog Found Today 5/12

doglovers

Hello All,

I have found a dog in my yard this morning and would like to help him find his way back home, but I can't seem to get logged onto the classifieds to post the found ad. Can anyone help?

The dog is a black poodle/terrier (?) mix and was found in the San Souci area this morning.

Thanx,
Ken

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Don't leave us hangin! What was their story? Were they too poor to spend 5 bucks at WalMart for a tag?

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by Hello6
Don't leave us hangin! What was their story? Were they too poor to spend 5 bucks at WalMart for a tag?

You know sometimes you just don't expect your pet to be out of your site. I was just in this situation a few days ago, because of some work going on at the house that left an open gate as an escape route for my dog. Dogs and cats do accidentally get out, but if anything, the owners learn a lesson. Now, my dog has a tag on him. That is what is important and the last thing anyone needs to hear is they were too cheap to buy a tag. So if that comment was directed at me or others who have posted here that there pet is missing, than it was a crappy thing to say.

doglovers

I have three dogs and know how it is for one (or more) of the kids to accidentally let the dog out. I think that was the case yesterday. In any event, the boy was very happy to get his dog back and looked like he felt pretty bad about letting it happen. Maybe he'll be more careful next time. I gotta admit, the dog had a lot of energy and with it's small size, I could see him running right through your legs and out the door if he wanted to badly enough.

Tags...yep, pretty good investment because these things will happen and it will increase your chances of getting your puppy back. However, not everyone will bother to try, even with a tag.

We seem to be stray magnets. We had just picked up a beautiful white Husky on Friday. She had a full compliment of tags. Naem, phone #, Rabies, and License. One problem....All of the info pertained to New Hampshire! After a few investigative calls to the place where the clinic named on the License, we found the owner a few hours and numerous long distance phone calls later just a few blocks from where we found her. Same story, kids let the dog out.

All three of our dogs are rescues. Two from a shelter in VA and the other found us. No tags, no collar, no tattoos, nothing. We put up posters, posted e-mails, called all of the shelters and got nothing. INcredibly hard to believ. He's a gorgeous dog. All German Shepard with Yellow lab color. And very, very intelligent, great with the kids, not much of a guard dog though :) Best dog I've ever had.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
You are naive if you think your dog won't ever get out of your sight. That is why you take responsibility the MINUTE you get your pet and get the tag. I did not direct the comment at you IM4CHANGE, but if you're feeling guilty, that's all on you. I speak from experience, as the owner of a cat that I didn't expect to ever get outside. Sho nuff, she got out and was out for hours and missing without any collar or tags. I found her in someone's back yard, meowing. My dogs were all tagged, first thing when I moved. Never had the cats tagged cause they never tried to get out before. Lesson learned, knowledge passed on. I'm not saying accidents don't happen, its just that there are SO freakin many pets running around picked up as strays all because owners won't cough up 4 bucks for a simple tag. I spent ALOT of money on tags when I moved.