Need opinion

cdsulhoff

So, Hubby and I were planning to go to Italy for our anniversary this year. That is not happening now. We can't get our passports in time. So Now we are thinking about different places within the United States.. Not Hawaii, Alaska, or US Virgin islands. We want to go some where that is fun and romantic. I am thinking about heading to California. Hubby want to go to the Red wood forest. I want to go to San Francisco. Have anyone been to San Francisco? What is San Francisco like. Is there any other place in Cali that would be nicer to go? I was also thinking about San Cruz or Santa Catalina. Then there is Napa Valley which is something I would like to do as well. How about AZ, is there anything romantic there? There is so many states I haven't even gone to that I would love to see. But I only have a week this time around.
Oh we are trying to stay away from anything on the east coast that would be in ways of the hurricane season..

smoothmarine187

cdsulhoff said:
So, Hubby and I were planning to go to Italy for our anniversary this year. That is not happening now. We can't get our passports in time. So Now we are thinking about different places within the United States.. Not Hawaii, Alaska, or US Virgin islands. We want to go some where that is fun and romantic. I am thinking about heading to California. Hubby want to go to the Red wood forest. I want to go to San Francisco. Have anyone been to San Francisco? What is San Francisco like. Is there any other place in Cali that would be nicer to go? I was also thinking about San Cruz or Santa Catalina. Then there is Napa Valley which is something I would like to do as well. How about AZ, is there anything romantic there? There is so many states I haven't even gone to that I would love to see. But I only have a week this time around.
Oh we are trying to stay away from anything on the east coast that would be in ways of the hurricane season..

You will have a blast in california. If you have enough time, just rent a car and drive from one end to the other. You will definetely want to spend a day in San Francisco and another full day in Los Angeles. If you drive all the way to San Diego, then take a trip into Mexico, just don't take your rental car in there. :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cdsulhoff said:
San Francisco is beautiful. I lived three hours from there growing up and would spend a few days there now if I had the opportunity. Santa Cruz is a beach town. Not much to do there. You could start in San Fran and cruise down the coast and hit Monterey and some other places and end up in Santa Barbara or someplace on the coast. Beautiful area, beautiful drive. Hit Yosemite and Kings Canyon National Forest. Might want to PM MM Dad for more places. It also depends on what time of year you are going and how much driving you want to do.

W

Wenchy

California

cdsulhoff said:

It's ALWAYS earthquake season in Cali. :really:

cdsulhoff

I am reading about all the stuff that I can do in San Francisco alone. OMG There is so much to see and do.. Santa Barbara would be a cheap stay we can stay with my sister in law friend.. We are going in September.. Oh I am getting excited..

cdsulhoff

BS Gal said:
San Francisco is beautiful. I lived three hours from there growing up and would spend a few days there now if I had the opportunity. Santa Cruz is a beach town. Not much to do there. You could start in San Fran and cruise down the coast and hit Monterey and some other places and end up in Santa Barbara or someplace on the coast. Beautiful area, beautiful drive. Hit Yosemite and Kings Canyon National Forest. Might want to PM MM Dad for more places. It also depends on what time of year you are going and how much driving you want to do.

What area in San Francisco is the best place to stay?

cdsulhoff

Need opinion 07-10-2007 09:43 PM GD you're a moron. Learn to spell and speak correctly.

Thank you for the green. Or should I say, green you gave me. So, Is GD for G-d Damn or did you eff up my name?

CrashTest

I've been to all 50 states and 49 of the 50 largest U.S. cities.

If I could pick only one place to go back and visit, it would be San Francisco and Marin County. Travel Lodge on the wharf was where I always stayed.

Second on my list of places to re-visit would be Alaska. The only problem with Alaska is that summertime bookings need to be made about a year in advance.

Other places high on my list would be...

Seattle
Newport R.I.
Yellowstone

cdsulhoff

So I think we have it all figure out now..

We are flying into Portland Oregon, Driving to Eugene staying there over night. Then driving to Crescent City CA, To the Redwood forest park, Then that evening driving to Humboldt Redwood forest park For a couple of hours. Then off to San Francisco. I think we are going to stay in Union Square or Nob hill they look like they are fight nest to each other. I check out the Prices for the Fisherman's wharf area and I am not spending $ 300+ for a bed and a tub..
There is so much I want to do while in San Francisco. I want to see the Golden gate bridge and of chose go to Lombard Street(Spell?) the crookest street.. YEAH!!! Then there is the trolley It reminds me of the Rice a roni song on it. LOL

Last edited:

smoothmarine187

cdsulhoff said:

We are flying into Portland Oregon, Driving to Eugene staying there over night. Then driving to Crescent City CA, To the Redwood forest park, Then that evening driving to Humboldt Redwood forest park For a couple of hours. Then off to San Francisco. I think we are going to stay in Union Square or Nob hill they look like they are fight nest to each other. I check out the Prices for the Fisherman's wharf area and I am not spending $ 300+ for a bed and a tub..
There is so much I want to do while in San Francisco. I want to see the Golden gate bridge and of chose go to Lombard Street(Spell?) the crookest street.. YEAH!!! Then there is the trolley It reminds me of the Rice a roni song on it. LOL

I believe Lego land is in Los Angeles, so you are looking at around 7 hours.

cdsulhoff said:

Don't forget Chinatown... You must do Chinatown after dark...:yay:

cdsulhoff

Oh yeah Kwilla I am working on my list now of all the things I want to see..
I think I will need a month stay. LOL There is so much to see and do.

Smooth. Yeah I saw the distance on the map and said No way.. I would love to see this place but maybe next time with the kids..

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cdsulhoff said:
Oh yeah Kwilla I am working on my list now of all the things I want to see..
I think I will need a month stay. LOL There is so much to see and do.

Smooth. Yeah I saw the distance on the map and said No way.. I would love to see this place but maybe next time with the kids..
You can actually walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. We did that. It was neat. Are you going to see Alcatraz? Make sure you go Ghiradelli Square, take a trip over to Monterey and see the aquarium there OR you can kayak in Monterey Bay. When you get tired of paddling, you just hang on to a piece of kelp. The seals come right up to you.

cdsulhoff

BS Gal said:
You can actually walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. We did that. It was neat. Are you going to see Alcatraz? Make sure you go Ghiradelli Square, take a trip over to Monterey and see the aquarium there OR you can kayak in Monterey Bay. When you get tired of paddling, you just hang on to a piece of kelp. The seals come right up to you.

The Alcatraz is on my list as well as the Fisherman's Wharf, and Ghirardelli Square.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
From another Cali native... :howdy:

Be sure to go to the Cliff House http://www.cliffhouse.com/ and the grounds of the old Sutro Baths http://www.sutrobaths.com/ and the Zoo http://www.sfzoo.org/ There is also TONS to do at Golden Gate Park http://sfgate.com/traveler/guide/sf/neighborhoods/ggpark.shtml

There is also Jack London Square in Oakland http://www.jacklondonsquare.com/

Do take a day trip to Napa and go winery hopping.

Take a drive up Highyway 1 to Mendicino. I have stayed at the Jenner Inn http://www.russianrivertravel.com/jenner.htm Head out to Leggett, CA and see the drive through tree http://www.drivethrutree.com/ and then head over to Lake Tahoe.

I LOVE Santa Cruz. Grew up going there as a kid. My very first roller coaster ride was here http://www.beachboardwalk.com/